Management and prevention of obesity in adults and children
- All choked up. // Diva;Mar2008, Issue 142, p93
The author expresses her views on the brand of regulations that the government is implementing in Great Britain. She mentions the outcome of the deregulation of school dinners which allowed private companies to make massive profits at the expense of children's health. The author also points out...
- Synopsis of the 2006 Canadian clinical practice guidelines on the management and prevention of obesity in adults and children. Lau, David C. W. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;4/10/2007, Vol. 176 Issue 8, p1103
The author presents a summary of the 2006 Canadian clinical practice guidelines on the management and prevention of obesity in adults and children. It suggests that a rigorous, evidence-based approach was used to develop recommendations to guide practitioners to tackle obesity issues. The...
- White Paper outlines employer health role. Millar, Michael // Personnel Today;11/23/2004, p1
The article reports that the British government is putting pressure on employers to take responsibility for the health of the nation. The Choosing Health White Paper dedicates a 20-page chapter to the connection between health and work, the first time the government has drawn up comprehensive...
- USDA, HHS Release 2010 Dietary Guidelines. // Snack Food & Wholesale Bakery;Mar2011, Vol. 100 Issue 3, p10
The article reports on the release of the 2010 Dietary Guidelines of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) and the United States Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) which are designed to help Americans confront obesity epidemic and make healthier food choices.
- REG WATCH. // Hill;12/6/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 136, p14
The article offers information various proposed rules in the U.S. that includes replacing of current "professional responsibility rules" for the Patent and Trademark Office, changing the safety zone of a venue in Seattle for a Seafair Blue Angels air show and railroads to send information about...
- Qld plan Ecotourism roadmap. // Travel Daily;8/28/2013, p7
The article reports on Queensland's final Ecotourism Plan 2013-2020 guidelines issued by National Parks Minister Steve Dickson and Tourism Minister Jann Stuckey.
- Market-linked tariffs soon. // Business & Economy;Apr2013, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p16
The article reports that the Shipping Ministry has drafted new guidelines for a proposed new tariff for major ports in India.
- Import Compliance Issues Review and Customs and Border Protection Guidelines. // Mastering Import & Export Management;2004, p369
Information on issues concerning import compliance and the guidelines of the U.S. Customs and Border Protection that appeared in the book "Mastering Import and Export Management" is presented.
- How the lessons of the long war on tobacco can help us shape up on our new front line: obesity. Whitaker, Phil // New Statesman;4/11/2014, Vol. 143 Issue 5205, p65
The article looks at obesity as a public health problem in Great Britain and at policy approaches to addressing it, as of 2014. The author notes that the rate of cigarette smoking among the British population fell sharply over the past 50 years and says the effort to reduce obesity rates can be...