Attacking the Tabernacle
- An Old-fashioned Slugfest. // Human Life Review;Summer2004, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p13
Comments on conflicts in the religious society concerning the role of elected Catholics in supporting and protecting the unborn life in the U.S. Call of Catholic prelates for Catholic politicians who support abortion rights not to receive communion; Protests conducted by Capitol Hill Catholics...
- The Future-Like-Ours Argument, Personal Identity, and the Twinning Dilemma. Brill, H. Skott // Social Theory & Practice;Jul2003, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p419
The article cogitates on the antiabortion argument posed by Don Marquis in his paper entitled "Why Abortion id Immoral." According to critics, Marquis' antiabortion argument have focused on an assumption embedded in the argument which asserts that if a fetus has a right to life, then nearly all...
- An ugly reaction to an ugly truth. White, Robert // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;3/1/93, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p28
Describes the violence that erupted after the Saskatoon Alliance for Life (SAL) paid the `Saskatoon Star-Phoenix' to print and distribute 100,000 copies of an eight-page tabloid titled `Unmasking Planned Parenthood,' which SAL executive director Bernadette Mysko found in a Kelowna pro-life...
- Sudden activism among the Catholic bishops. McGovern, Celeste // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;4/12/93, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p36
Reports on the subtle signals that the pro-life movement is losing heart and that the Catholic bishops are suddenly flinging themselves into the fray. Changes apparent in Ontario, Canada; Task Group of Abortion Service Providers' recommendations; Reasons for the clerical pro-life revival; Details.
- Will Planned Parenthood sue the kids? Fuller, Patty // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;5/16/94, Vol. 21 Issue 22, p35
Reveals that Planned Parenthood Alberta has threatened court action against Calgary Youth for Life over a conference brochure listing a seminar titled `Shock Value... Exposing Planned Parenthood's Death Plan.' Teen pro-life conference held in Calgary on Freedom of Truth; What students learned...
- Police case studies. // FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin;Mar1995, Vol. 64 Issue 3, p13
Introduces three case studies in police decisionmaking published by the Police Executive Research Forum. `The Cedar Grove Riot'; `Drug Enforcement in Minority Communities'; `Response to Antiabortion Demonstrations'; Contact information.
- No place to hide. Diamond, Sara // Humanist;Sep/Oct93, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p39
Comments on the political activities of pro-choice and anti-abortion groups. Impact of the murder of anti-abortion physician David Gunn; Legislation favoring pro-choice; `Freedom of Access to Clinic Entrances Act'; `Freedom of Choice Act'; Strengths and weaknesses of anti-abortion groups;...
- France: Attacks by anti-abortionists continue. // Women's International Network News;Summer96, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p72
Reports on the prevalence of attacks by anti-abortionists in France. Penalties given to violent anti-abortionists.
- Questions from Wichita. // America;9/14/1991, Vol. 165 Issue 6, p131
Editorial. Questions the effectiveness of Operation Rescue's tactics in Wichita, Kans. Picketed three abortion clinics which perform final trimester abortions, from July 15 to August 25, 1991, resulting in 2,600 arrests; Positive effects were publicity, group's constituency; August 25, 1991...