How Moral Is Capitalism?
- We need the values debate. Berry III, John N. // Library Journal;6/1/1998, Vol. 123 Issue 10, p6
Editorial. Presents the author's opinions on the essay `When Values Conflict,' by Anne Symons and Carla Stoffle from the May issue of `American Libraries.' His agreements and disagreements with the article.
- My family values. Stein, Benjamin J. // American Enterprise;May/Jun96, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p55
Describes the author's concept of family values in the United States. Investment in quality time; Current subjects he is no longer interested; Ensuring the son has good handwriting; Allowing him to learn risky sports without hurting himself; Description of the author's wife; Opportunity costs...
- GOD AND THE MARKET. Neuhaus, Richard John // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Nov1990, Issue 7, p64
Explores the connection between religion and free market. Example of turning the church community into a business relationship; Connection betwenn ethics, business and labor according to editor Ed Vanderkloet; Functions of a free market and other free insitutions.
- Those were the days. Ignatieff, Michael // New Statesman & Society;4/9/93, Vol. 6 Issue 247, p35
Presents a 1983 article dealing with the endorsement of victorian values by the British judiciary. Victorian morality as a way of controlling pornography and drugs; Author's interpretation of Chief Justice, Lord Lane's address to the National Association of Prison Visitors to mean punishing the...
- Value Judgments. Lover, Rodney // Fast Company;Sep2004, Issue 86, p28
Presents a letter to the editor in response to the article "We, Incorporated," by Douglas Smith, on the July 2004 issue of "Fast Company."
- Eager to Speak Out. Jackson, Shirley Ann // Highlights;Sep2002, Vol. 57 Issue 9, p31
Presents an article describing the value of listening to others.
- Essential values. Cameron, Ben // American Theatre;Dec98, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p6
Discusses the need for theaters to identify essential their values and uphold them. Roles of theaters in the economic and social improvement of communities; Values learned by theater artists from the theater life; Elements of effective advocacy; Economic role of arts.
- Valuable LESSONS. Gwynn-Jones, Bronwen // Australian Parents;Oct/Nov2000, p34
Presents tips on teaching values to children. How to teach children to care for others; Approach to teaching the value of consideration; Opportunities for teaching kindness to children.
- The American Century. McCarthy, Thomas J. // America;12/18/99, Vol. 181 Issue 20, p6
Criticizes the conventional views of the United States (US) pertaining to blind adherence to power and wealth in the light of Christian values. National obsession in the US; Conditions that should serve to quell the impulse to immortalize the US; Disposition of the US.