Our Sustainable World
- Processors unaware of grants, says expert. // Horticulture Week;11/25/2011, p31
The article reports that food processors in Great Britain lack awareness about European and national grants intended to boost the demand for and value of fresh produce.
- Grant aims to boost use of local food. // New Hampshire Business Review;6/11/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p10B
Reports that Vital Communities, a non-profit group based in Vermont has won a federal grant to help fund a program aimed at promoting locally grown food in dining services at Dartmouth College in Hanover, New Hampshire. Tours planned by the group; Awarding of the grant under the Sustainable...
- The right MIX. Pendrous, Rick // Food Manufacture;Jan2003, Vol. 78 Issue 1, p32
Discusses the failure of some British food manufacturers to take advantage of grant funding available to them. Initiatives at the Food Technology Unit of the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs; Factors which influence the completion of a research project; Application of robotic...
- Food firms' EU aid. Harris, Robert // Farmers Weekly;12/6/2002, Vol. 137 Issue 23, p19
Reports on the grants awarded to several food processing firms in Northern Ireland under the European Union agricultural processing and marketing scheme as of December 6, 2002. Total amount of grants received by the firms; Purpose of the grants; Advantage of the grants.
- Another bite at FIG. // Manufacturers' Monthly;May2006, p8
The article reports that the Australian food industry have been given another chance to apply for as Food Innovation Grant.
- ASSOCIATION NEWS. // Agri Marketing;Oct2010, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p14
This section offers association news briefs in the agricultural marketing sector as of October 2010, including the appointment of Jim Suter as chief executive officer (CEO) of the U.S. Soybean Export Council, the 5 million U.S. dollar grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Justice's Office of...
- EC CASH THERE FOR TAKING. Harris, Robert // Farmers Weekly;12/12/2003, Vol. 139 Issue 24, p15
Reports on the allocation of money from the European Commission which will be used to promote British farming as of December 12, 2003. Amount for the promotion of certain agricultural products; Requirements for the grants.
- NOTHING BEATS FRESH. Weaver, Susan // Organic Gardening (08973792);Jul88, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p24
Describes how Massachusetts and Vermont help chefs and restaurateurs in their respective states to purchase fresh products from local farm producers. Massachusetts agriculture department's organization of chefs' tours of farms in the state; Annual colloquiums used by individuals in Vermont to...
- State Promotes Local Foods. Williams, Mina // SN: Supermarket News;6/12/2006, Vol. 54 Issue 24, p60
The article deals with the promotion of locally-produced food in Olympia, Washington state. Several hundred retailers are promoting state-produced products across all departments, using simplified point-of-purchase materials and a more flexible program with deeper reach than previous efforts.