- The Dreaded Request for Medical Records. Brown, Sanford J. // Family Practice Management;Feb2007, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p56
The article presents the author's comment on a patient's reasons for leaving his physician and asking for the medical records. The author believes that dissatisfaction can be the reason for frequently changing physicians. However, he considers it really hateful to release his patient as he...
- Gradual Electronic Health Record Implementation: New Insights on Physician and Patient Adaptation. Shield, Renée R.; Goldman, Roberta E.; Anthony, David A.; Wang, Nina; Doyle, Richard J.; Borkan, Jeffrey // Annals of Family Medicine;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p316
The article presents a study which examines the impact of electronic health records (EHR) to the physician's behavior, physician-patient interactions, and responses of patients during EHR implementation. The study uses the triangulation design and visual analog scales (VAS) on the analysis. The...
- Computerised data-based programs and pain management clinic system. Afshan, Gauhar // Anaesthesia, Pain & Intensive Care;Jun2010, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p1
The author reflects on the computerized data-based health care and clinical programs. He discusses multi-dimensional role of healthcare applications including electronic health records (EHRs), rapid learning healthcare, and smart cards. He mentions the effective use of AKUH software program from...
- What you're doing right--and what you're doing wrong. Gray, James // Medical Economics;8/21/95, Vol. 72 Issue 16, p30
Presents the results of the latest Patient Attitude Survey and reveals patients' perceptions of their doctors. Importance of patient satisfaction in any health management organization (HMO); Percentage of patients satisfied with their doctors; Need for better communication; Clinical competence;...
- Equal Access. Sherry // Hospitals & Health Networks;Nov2014, Vol. 88 Issue 11, p16
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article ONC Eyes Ways to Improve Patient Engagement, published in the October 13, 2014 issue.
- Race and gender a question of care. Ridley, Teresa L. // Heart & Soul;Jun/Jul2000, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p14
Discusses a survey by researchers at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine in Baltimore, Maryland, which measured Afro-American patients' satisfaction with their doctors.
- Creating Real Value for Patients. Sinha, Suman // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Jul2015, Vol. 89 Issue 7, p14
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Thinking Like Michael Porter," by Dan Beckham in the June 16, 2015 issue.
- Dorothy and her doctors. Spencer, John // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;9/18/2010, Vol. 341 Issue 7773, p604
The article relates a scenario describing the dissatisfaction of a patient with her doctors.
- Here's my number. Younson, Robin // New Zealand Doctor;5/4/2011, p18
The author suggests that doctors should give their mobile phone numbers to their patients in order to improve their patient satisfaction ratings.