What's killing and maiming Canada's youth?
- Yes, Deer! Loguercio, Michael // Insurance Advocate;10/14/2013, Vol. 124 Issue 17, p10
The article focuses on a survey, related to motor vehicle accidents caused across the U.S. in 2013 due to collision with a deer, conducted by State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company. It cites West Virginia tops the list of states where a motorist is most likely to run into a deer. It...
- Scotland tackles drug-drive menace. Johnson, Branwell // Marketing Week;2/14/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p19
Reports the prevention of car crash fatalities through anti-drug driving campaign in Scotland. Selection of Faulds to deliver the television campaign; Adoption of educational and informative approach in the campaign; Consideration of impairment test for drivers.
- High-tech eyes to help Caddy drivers see in dark. Jackson, Kathy // Automotive News;8/24/1998, Vol. 72 Issue 5781, p6
Examines the efforts of motor company Cadillac, to ease the problems of night driving, with the introduction of Night Vision within its redesigned 2000 DeVille automobile. Information on the Night Vision technology; Comments from Cadillac general manager John Smith; Type of technology used for...
- Safe Driving at Night. // Chicago Citizen - Chatham Southeast Edition;10/28/2015, Vol. 50 Issue 32, p14
The article offers tips to implement safer driving at night such as preparing the automobile for night driving and practice of night driving.
- National Drunk and Drugged Driving Prevention Month--December 2000. // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;12/1/2000, Vol. 49 Issue 47, p1073
Focuses on the designation of the month of December as National Drunk and Drugged Driving (NDDD) Prevention Month by the NDDD Coalition. Estimated number of deaths resulting from alcohol-related motor-vehicle crashes during 1999; Data from the United States National Highway Traffic Safety...
- SOUNDINGS. Douglas, Colin; Dixon, Bernard // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);11/12/94, Vol. 309 Issue 6964, p1307
Focuses on the causes of death among young individuals in great Britain. Occurrence of road traffic accident; Death of soldiers in war; Effectiveness of immunization for measles.
- BE A BETTER DRIVER: Night driving. Ripley, Paul // Auto Express;1/29/2014, Issue 1304, p30
The article focuses on night driving safety issues like visibility reduction and offers tips to prevent accidents such as increasing car distance ahead, keeping eyes moving and matching speed.
- Safe Driving at Night. // Chicago Citizen - South Suburban Edition;10/28/2015, p12
The article offers tips on safety measures in driving at night such as preparing the car through cleaning its windows, headlights and signal lights, changing headlight bulbs in pairs, and increasing car distance from other cars.
- Safe Driving at Night. // Chicago Citizen - South End Edition;10/28/2015, Vol. 48 Issue 39, p14
The article offers tips on how drivers can have safe driving at night including the need to keep headlights, tail lights and signal lights clean and practice safe night driving.