Take Small Steps with Young Recruits
- TASKMASTER OR TEACHER?: The type of supervisor you choose to be makes a difference. Muir, Julie L. // Journal of Property Management;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 74 Issue 5, p14
In this article, the author reflects on steps in choosing the right employee to assume a supervisory position in the U.S. The author mentions that if she intends to choose among her subordinates to assume her supervisory position once she retired, she would based it on commitment, aptitude,...
- Receiving Feedback - Advanced Skills. // Receiving feedback - Advanced Skills;1/1/1994, p1
Video Length: 14 minutes. Not everyone is skilled at giving feedback. This places a greater emphasis on the "seeker" to handle the "giver" in a way that will give the "seeker" what he or she needs. In other words, people need to use techniques that will assist the "giver" of the feedback to do...
- Accountability. Stoker, John R. // Leadership Excellence Essentials;Jul2013, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p11
The article discusses accountability in leadership, presenting descriptions of six types of leadership approaches to accountability. According to the author, leaders should motivate employees instead of allowing them to feel entitled, clarify their expectations rather than developing...
- Fight 'invisible employee' syndrome. // Executive Leadership;Sep2013, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p4
The article presents a discussion of how team leaders can make their employees feel that they are important in the organization, adapted from the book "Smart Tribes" by Christine Comaford.
- Step Up. Blauth, Chris; Moran, Linda // Leadership Excellence Essentials;Jan2007, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p15
The article presents issues faced by newly promoted managers. When making the transition from team member to team leader, new managers quickly realize the realities of motivating a diverse, often cynical workforce, changing job requirements, and more demands on time with little support. The...
- Fearless Leader. Magruder, Don // Prosales;Oct2015, p30
The article examines why more employees show fear rather than respect for their managers, and cites the need to hire more managers who have the proper training, qualifications, and experience to inspire employees.
- How to Manage & Motivate a Sales Team. // How to Manage & Motivate a Sales Team;1/1/2007, p1
Video Length: 19 minutes. Sales managers all need to implement the seven essential skills covered in this program to ensure the success of their sales team. Find out how to encourage best performance.
- Reducing Absenteeism. // Reducing Absenteeism;1/1/2001, p1
Video Length: 14 minutes. Understand the impact of absenteeism. Implement a policy, an education program and specific strategies to reduce it.
- Tap the hidden resource. Coutts, Louis A. // BRW;1/11/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p59
The article discusses on the significance of sharing employee's ideas to achieve growth in corporations in Australia. It was suggested that the push button tests evaluates the ability of a business enterprise to motivate it's employees for them to contribute their ideas. When implementing the...