Are environmental issues An Inconvenient Truth?
- Natural Gas Prices Hit New Highs. // Chemical Week;2/12/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 6, p5
Reports on the impact of the rising crude oil prices and cold weather in the U.S. on the prices of natural gas as of February 12, 2003. Trading value of natural gas; Reaction from gas producers.
- Ample Global Energy Reserves Will Help Long-Term Supply Woes. Richards, Don // Chemical Market Reporter;5/7/2001, Vol. 259 Issue 19, p5
Reports on the problems confronting the United States chemical industry due to high crude oil and natural gas prices as of May 7, 2001. Estimated world reserves of oil and natural gas liquids; Issues confronting the hydrocarbon industry; Rise in the number of oil rigs in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Chemical Industry Still Faces Challenges as Economy Turns. // Chemical Market Reporter;9/8/2003, Vol. 264 Issue 7, p3
Assesses the business development of chemical industry in the U.S. Percentage of industrial chemical production; Assessment of the cost of oil and natural gas; Price index for basic chemicals.
- LNG Poised to Take Off. Brown, Robert // Chemical Market Reporter;3/22/2004, Vol. 265 Issue 12, pS17
Over the past four years, prices for natural gas in North America have more than doubled their historical averages, sending energy bills skyrocketing. Now, however, relief could be on the horizon in the form of liquefied natural gas, which thanks to technological advances and soaring North...
- INTERNATIONAL SCENE. // Chemical Business;Oct2001, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p63
Presents updates on the chemical industry as of October 2001. Speculation on the prices of petrochemicals in 2002; Expected increase in the U.S. demand for industrial-use natural gas by 2020; Prices of olefin in Asia.
- Weak Demand in China's Petroleum and Chemical Industry in Q1. // China Chemical Reporter;5/21/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p5
The article focuses on the industrial report released by the China Petroleum and Chemical Industry Federation (CPCIF) for the first quarter of 2013. It states that the crude oil output in China increased 2.4 percent to 51.317 million tons and natural gas output increase by 6.1 percent. It...
- MARKETS PLUS: CHEMICAL COMMODITIES MONTHLY. // Chemical Market Reporter;3/22/2004, Vol. 265 Issue 12, p18
This article presents information on chemical commodities market. Prices of natural gas have eased since January 2004, but remain above $5 per mmbtu and appear unlikely to ease in the near future. Mid-March 2004 pricing at Henry Hub was around $5.35, roughly the same as in mid-February 2004. Oil...
- Rising gas prices cost producers $10B. // Chemical Market Reporter;2/27/2006, Vol. 269 Issue 8, p6
The article reports on the effects of the natural gas crisis on the chemical industry in North America. According to Greg Babe, president and CEO of Bayer MaterialScience LLC, the natural gas crisis had cost the industry about 10 billion dollars over the past two years and had posed major...
- In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;1/21/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 3, p8
Covers update on the petrochemicals industry as of January 21, 2002. Price per gallon of nitration-grade toulene; Drop in the price of Methanex Corporation's methanol from December 2001 to January 2002; Projected price hikes of Dan Lippe, president of Petral Worldwide for natural gasoline and...