Underride: back from the back burner
- Canadian Road Safety Up. Quigley, Leo // Traffic World;10/12/98, Vol. 256 Issue 2, p24
Reports on the improvement of the safety levels of commercial trucking industry. Lack of coordination in the adoption of the National Safety Code; Information release by Transport Canada; Conduction of study on truck safety for the period of 1985-1995.
- Transport Canada. // AirGuide Online.com;3/29/2010, p13
The article reports on the move of Transport Canada to take back the certification and oversight functions for business aviation from the Canadian Business Aviation Association starting on April 1, 2010 in Canada.
- Canadians seek better snow tire safety. Moore, Miles // Rubber & Plastics News;1/25/2010, Vol. 39 Issue 13, p3
The article reports that the tire industry executives of the Canadian government agency Transport Canada are making efforts to improve safety standards for snow tires.
- Transport Canada examining CAT I visibility requirement. Richfield, Paul // Business & Commercial Aviation;Dec99, Vol. 85 Issue 6, p16
Reports on the plan of Transport Canada to raise the visibility requirements for Category I approaches.
- Transport Canada Approves Blackshape. // Canadian Aviator;May/Jun2014, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p10
The article reports that the Blackshape CF-300 Prime ultralight aircraft has received a transporation approval from Transport Canada.
- Bombardier. // AirGuide Online.com;11/9/2009, p3
The article reports on the plan of Transport Canada to issue an airworthiness directive (AD) which is intended to address faulty hydraulic accumulator end caps that can rip through systems and structures on Bombardier Aerospace CRJ100 and CRJ200 aircraft.
- The wrong target? // New Hampshire Business Review;2/1/97, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p20
Reports on a bill sponsored by New Hampshire Representative Allen MacNeil which would require owners of trailers used for storage or habitation to either register them as motor vehicles or pay tax on them as real property. Comment from the New Hampshire Motor Transport Association.
- SmartWay trailer regs take effect Jan. 1. // Fleet Owner;Dec2009, Vol. 104 Issue 12, p22
The article reports on requirements of the SmartWay trailer regulation on van trailer including low-rolling resistance tires that provide a 3% fuel economy benefit, boat tails, and trailer rear-mounted fairings in the U.S.
- Trees gone but clear view. Cano, Angele // Hub (Hay River, NT);1/25/2012, Vol. 39 Issue 47, p3
The article discusses the concerns regarding the plan of eliminating the trees around the Hay River Merlyn Carter Airport in Northwest Territories to ensure safety and comply with the Transport Canada regulations.