The Perfect Energy Resource
- THINKING GREEN. Lindsey, Joe // Bicycling;Mar2007, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p34
The article reports on corporate efforts within the bicycling and outdoor-recreation world to reduce carbon emissions and to purchase renewable-energy credits for existing carbon emissions.
- Contemptuous? The U.S.? Maybe. Crockett, Jim // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Jul2004, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p7
Comments on the energy conservation and the efforts of the United States engineering community to dispel the notion that all Americans are contemptuous of environmental concerns. Role of engineers; Changes implemented by the Federal Communications Commission that would have further relaxed...
- ASIAN-FOOD GROCER LAUDED FOR EFFICIENCY. // SN: Supermarket News;10/29/2012, Vol. 60 Issue 44, p19
The article reports that Asian food retailer Uwajimaya Inc. was recognized for its energy conservation efforts and eco-friendly practices in Seattle, Washington.
- REAL-TIME BUILDING TUNE-UPS. Wood, Lisa V. // Electric Perspectives;Jul/Aug2009, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p68
The article explains how monitoring-based building commissioning (MBCx) programs can help secure energy savings while optimizing building efficiency. The possible reasons energy savings degrade overtime and the ways by which MBCx programs ensure that building savings continue definitely are...
- Energy Conservation in Co-Generation Plant Relating to Turbine Exhaust Steam Condensing System. Jagadeesan, A.; Raman, T. G. Sundara; Sivaraj, R.; Sharmilaa, S.; Santhoshkumar, M. // International Journal of Research & Reviews in Computing Enginee;Mar2011, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p14
This paper presents the Energy Conservation Measures (ECMs) for Co-generation plant (COGEN) in process industries. The COGEN is aimed at increasing the total power generation and meeting the process steam requirements. The high pressure chemical recovery boilers using black liquor fuel yields...
- Sensing Savings. Borden, Alfred R. // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Feb2004, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p66
Offers automatic sensor control tips for saving lighting energy. Impact of control on the people working in the space; Need to designate a tuning period; Three types of sensor controls; Detection of fine movements.
- ASHRAE Seeks to Increase Efficiency. // Chain Store Age;Oct2007, Vol. 83 Issue 10, p101
The article reports the decision of the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) to increase building energy efficiency in Standard 90.1. The organization is looking to achieve 30% energy savings in the 2010 standard compared to ANSI/ASHRAE/IESNA...
- Plugged into bright ideas. Vavra, Bob // Plant Engineering;Mar2007, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p30
The article focuses on the increasing popularity of the idea of actively managing energy costs in the United States. A formal energy management program should focus on continuous improvement of energy performance. Consortium for Energy Efficiency conducted a study on where plant managers where...
- Energy Savings and Balanced Exploitation of All Energy Resources as an Integral Part for Achieving Sustainable Development. Bronka, Artis; Zvirbule-Berzina, Andra // Economic Science for Rural Development Conference Proceedings;2012, Issue 29, p14
In the history of human evolution, the acquisition and exploitation of energy resources can be relatively divided into two periods: from the beginnings of mankind to the Industrial Revolution, when on a global scale, the extraction processes of necessary energy was dominated by renewable energy...