Super Sizing with Megapixel Cameras
- the Age of Digital Surveillance. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jul2001, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p37
Features the digital video surveillance system unit being offered by Delta Surveillance. Incorporation of advances into a single box; Digital recorder's ability to support up to 18 cameras; Fool-proof recording; Facilities where the systems are being installed.
- When Ruby Met Webby: A Star Is Born. Moritz, Robert // New York;10/16/2000, Vol. 33 Issue 40, p60
Presents information on the equipment used for wireless household security surveillance. Details on the XCam2 digital camera surveillance unit from X10; Information on the XRay Vision software kit for Internet broadcasting; Applications of the household surveillance system.
- 3D Target Scale Estimation and Target Feature Separation for Size Preserving Tracking in PTZ Video. Yao, Yi; Abidi, Besma; Abidi, Mongi // International Journal of Computer Vision;May2009, Vol. 82 Issue 3, p244
To achieve size preserving tracking, in addition to controlling the cameraâ€™s pan and tilt motions to keep the object of interest in the cameraâ€™s field of view (FOV), the cameraâ€™s focal length is adjusted automatically to compensate for the changes in the targetâ€™s...
- Cameras talking Digital. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jul2001, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p35
Focuses on digital camera as a major trend impacting video surveillance. Built-in digital signal processing; Video motion detection; Intelligent ability to automatically toggle between black-and-white and color for optimum image quality; Factors influencing the design and implementation of...
- Introducing the CamPuter. Cringely, Robert X. // Inc.;Apr2003, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p61
Presents information on the video surveillance cameras developed by Boundless Security Systems in Monroe, Connecticut. Nature of the company; Features of the cameras; Benefits of digital technology to the development of the cameras.
- WHAT CUSTOMERS WANT: VIDEO SURVEILLANCE WITH POWER. Joan; Engebretson, David // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jul2004, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p59
Explores the security companies' conversion of video surveillance systems from analog to digital in the United States . Reasons for the shift towards digital cameras and digital video recordings; Factors considered by customers in purchasing cameras; Trends toward the integration of video system...
- Motion-Tracking Camera Streamlines Security. // Journal of Property Management;Technology 2004, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p47
Introduces the Automatic Image Motion Seeking camera developed by a researcher from the University of Rhode Island. Functions; Features; Impact of the camera on security surveillance.
- Video Analytics in Richmond, Calif. Anderson, Larry; Silk, Stephanie; Fickes, Michael // Government Security;May/Jun2008, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p14
This article describes how the Port of Richmond, California is using video analytics to manage security. The video surveillance system was paid for out of grants from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and became operational in spring of 2008. The system monitors the port's perimeter...
- Get the Mega-Picture. Gager, Russ // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Apr2007, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p89
The article reports on the advantages of using megapixel surveillance cameras over several standard video cameras for security purposes. Using a megapixel camare can reduce the number of cameras because of its resolution. It can also be used in hallways to identify people. A megapixel camera is...