Pundits Versus the Market
- Why I've Stopped Arguing With Liberals. Sajak, Pat // Human Events;4/4/2005, Vol. 61 Issue 12, p18
Comments on the moral superiority of liberals in arguments with conservatives about political and social issues in the U.S. Difficulty in discussing issues with liberals; Use of moral superiority of liberals in altering rules in their favor; Difference in the response of liberals in the...
- At a Standstill? The Debate over 'Secular Stagnation'. TANNENBAUM, CARL // ABA Banking Journal;May/Jun2015, Vol. 107 Issue 1, p16
The article presents the author's concerns regarding secular stagnation and the demographic challenges faced by several developed countries. Topics discussed include views of Larry Summers, former U.S. Treasury Secretary, on the issue, the trends related to supply-side of the economy highlighted...
- The Short Run. Grande, Seth; Ramette, Megan; Reuss, Alejandro // Dollars & Sense;Jan/Feb2014, Issue 310, p4
The article offers news briefs related to economic policy and politics in the U.S. and China as of January 1, 2014. Former U.S. Treasury Secretary Lawrence Summers considers the situation of Great Recession and weak recovery as structural stagnation. The central bank of China ordered third-party...
- DeciaraciÃ³n del gobernador por Estados Unidos en las reuniones anuales del FMI y el BM. // BoletÃn del CEMLA;sep/oct2000, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p234
No abstract available.
- Investment principles and risk. // Money Marketing (Online Edition);1/8/2014, p5
The article offers brief notes on reports from two columnists about investment principles and risks. Steve Williams outlines the association between interest rates and unemployment under the forward guidance policy of financial institution Bank of England. John Housden highlights the issues...
- Boondoggle Hurts Students. Hightower, Jim // Progressive Populist;5/15/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p3
The article offers news briefs related to financial and economic issues in the U.S. The Family Education Loan Program of Sallie Mae Inc., the largest provider of student loans in the U.S., is over charging its student members. Lawrence H. Summers, head of the multi-trillion-dollar bailout...
- Are Women Better At Investing Than Men? Seriously? What Matters More Than Sex. DAVID SAITO-CHUNG // Investors Business Daily;4/29/2016, p1
In JanuaryÂ 2005, Larry Summers made a comment about women during a speech that was a gross generalization. It was also grossly erroneous.
- India, China New Mantra: Lawrence Summers. // India -- West;7/8/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 33, pB5
The article reports on the statement of Director of the White House National Economic Council Lawrence Summers and the United Nations Office of Partnership in New York advisor Babu Lal Jain regarding the globalization of India and China industries.
- GROWTH IS NOT ENOUGH. Wehrfritz, George // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);4/30/2007 (Pacific Edition), Vol. 149 Issue 18, p44
The article discusses the potential economic growth of Asia to 2020. Discussed is a study from former Sony chairman Nobuyuki Idei and former U.S. Treasury secretary Lawrence Summers that suggests that Asia could raise itself out of poverty if it makes vast business changes. Economic growth is...