- To Sell Or Not To Sell? Bos, Julie // LabTalk;Nov/Dec2006, Vol. 34 Issue 154, p14
This article presents statements from executives of optical laboratories about the advantages of being an independent business organization and selling a business. Matt Thomas, vice president of SRX Optical Lab, stated that his firm has established a strong relationship with customers. According...
- Top Labs Position for Profits. Karp, Andrew // Vision Monday;11/19/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 13, p37
The article discusses the state of competition between independent wholesale optical laboratories and supplier owned lab networks that began with the wave of consolidation in the industry. The independents resented the vertical integration and claimed it was a direct competitive threat and with...
- LensTec Joins Global Optics. // Vision Monday;1/22/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p58
The article reports that Greenwood, Indiana-based LensTech Optical Laboratory has joined Global Optics, the laboratory buying and marketing group based in Green Bay, Wisconsin. LensTech decided to join Global because it offered ways for the lab to control its rapid growth and consolidate lens...
- Discovery Labs Looks for Buyers To Cough Up Bids. Catton, Grant // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;7/3/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 26, p5
Reports on the preparation of biotechnology company Discovery Laboratories Inc. for a possible acquisition. Products of the company; Other financial options considered by the company; Financial performance of the company.
- IDEXX purchases Equine Biodiagnostics. // DVM: The Newsmagazine of Veterinary Medicine;Mar2004, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p29
Reports on the acquisition of Equine Biodiagnostics Inc. (EBI) by the IDEXX Reference Laboratory group of IDEXX Laboratories Inc. as of March 2004. Specialty of EBI; Benefits of the deal for both parties.
- Why the Personal Touch of the Independent Lab Still Matters. Conner, Bill // Vision Monday;11/10/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p72
The author comments on the value of personal touch or personalized service being offered by independent optical laboratories in the U.S. such as VSP Laboratories. The author discusses the threat posed by consolidation on independent wholesale laboratories. The author argues that independent...
- Summary of U.S. Public Merger Activity Greater Than $100 M. // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;10/09/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 40, p7
Presents a chart which gives a summary of public merger deals greater than $100 million in the United States as of October 9, 2000. Acquiring companies; Acquired companies; Information on the background of the companies.
- Private Targets Greater Than $100M. // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;10/09/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 40, p8
Presents a chart of acquisition deals among private companies greater than 100 million dollars in the United States as of October 9, 2000. Acquiring companies; Acquired companies; Details on the deals.
- Prices, But Not Pace, of Acquisitions and Mergers Will Continue to Cool for More Stability in 2003. // Educational Marketer;1/13/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p1
Focuses on the total amount generated from acquisition during 2002 in the U.S. Number of acquisition deals completed; Factors driving acquisitions; Sale of Houghton Mifflin by Vivendi Universal to a consortium of investment firms.