Envy discussion to push up top German salaries
- BASF in word war. // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;7/9/2007, Vol. 272 Issue 2, p17
The article discusses disagreement between Jurgen Hambrecht, chief executive of industrial firm BASF, and German federal environment minister Sigmar Gabriel over the latter's call for the German energy industry to double its energy productivity by 2020. Hambrecht thinks this is an unreasonable...
- BASF hit by lower earnings but sees end to misery. // European Chemical News;11/17/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2077, p6
Reports on the warning issued by JÃ¼rgen Hambrecht, chairman of BASF, regarding the 2003 full earnings of BASF before specialty items. Statistics of the company's earnings; Cost-cutting activity of the company in North America and Europe; Focus of the cost-cutting activity.
- VCI chief lambasts red tape. // European Chemical News;12/8/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2080, p7
Reports that Jurgen Hambrecht, chairman of Badische Anilin und Soda-Fabrik AG, uses his first press conference as president of the German chemical industry association, VCI, to attack increasing bureaucratic regulation of industry by German and European legislation. Concern of Hambrecht that...
- China: land of increasingly fulfilled promise. Robinson, Simon // European Chemical News;10/24/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2168, p25
This article focuses on the investments of BASF in China. BASF started its cracker project in Nanjing, China about a decade ago, when Jurgen Hambrecht, now CEO, was running the company's operations in the Asia-Pacific region. That the project has come to pass is in no small part down to him and...
- Paid to sit on the fence. Williams, Dede // ICIS Chemical Business;3/10/2008, Vol. 273 Issue 10, p46
The article reports that Jurgen Hambrecht, chief executive officer of BASF AG, states that salary transparency could promote envy among company personnel. The Bundestag, Germany's parliament, passed legislation requiring that individual management board salaries be published in corporate annual...
- The 5-Minute Interview: JÃ¼rgen Hambrecht. Scott, Alex // Chemical Week;9/22/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 29, p48
The article features JÂ¨rgen Hambrecht, chairman of BASF. What he likes most about running BASF is working with a global team comprised of some of the most talented people in the industry. Hambrecht joined the chemical industry because of the people he met when he had his first contact with...
- Personalia. // Pakistan Textile Journal;May2014, Vol. 63 Issue 5, p26
The article announces the appointments of JÃ¼rgen Hambrecht as chairman and Michael Diekmann and Robert Oswald as Deputy Chairman of the Supervisory Boards of BASF SE.
- BASF Launches Revised Long-Term Business Strategy, Unveils New Logo. // Paint & Coatings Industry;Feb2004, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p18
Reports on the revisions of the business strategy and introduction of a new corporate logo by BASF AG as of February 1, 2004. Focus of the company's revisions; Opinion of JÃ¼rgen Hambrecht, chairman of the executive board directors for BASF, regarding the revisions; Design and slogan featured...
- Uncertain outlook ahead, warns BASF chairman. // European Chemical News;8/18/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2065, p12
Relates the financial expectations of JÃ¼rgen Hambrecht, chairman of Badische Anilin und Soda-Fabrik AG, for the first half of 2003. Reason for the predicted decline in corporate profits; Factors that will influence its financial performance.