Too Little or Too Much, It's All a Balancing Act
- ETHICS INQUIRIES. // Public Management (00333611);Aug2005, Vol. 87 Issue 7, p2
The article focuses on ethical issues faced by public management employees. The small town has a volunteer fire department with just one paid employee, the fire chief. The chief recently approached the town manager to ask him if his wife would be able to serve as an emergency medical technician...
- Shortage of volunteers could close Kicaster Volunteer Fire Department. Gibbs Jr., William J. // Wilson County News;12/16/2015, Vol. 42 Issue 50, p4A
The article reports on the possible closure of the Kicaster Volunteer Fire Department (VFD) in Wilson County, Texas due to shortage of volunteers.
- BRIEFS. // Graham Leader;8/25/2013, Vol. 138 Issue 3, p10A
The article presents news briefs related to the City of Graham, Young County, Graham as of August 25, 2013, which includes annual fish fry auction by the Eliasville Volunteer Fire Department, beginning of the Graham Jamboree, and the Cowboy Church of Young County held its Bibles and Bass event...
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. MALECKY, JOHN M. // Fire Engineering;Apr2010, Vol. 163 Issue 4, p208
The article enumerates the features and equipment of the firefighting departments of Grant County Airport in Silver City, New Mexico, the Dalian, China Firefighting Bureau, and the Laurelville, Ohio Fire Department.
- Great time to join the Malakoff VFD. Hannigan, Michael V. // Malakoff News (TX);10/3/2008, Vol. 99 Issue 40, p1A
The article offers information on the Malakoff Volunteer Fire Department (MVFD) in Malakoff, Texas.
- STUDY: FORMER VOLUNTEERS STILL GIVING. // National Catholic Reporter;1/17/2014, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p6a
The article presents a survey related to social volunteer participation by former volunteers of the Catholic Volunteer Network, a non-profit membership organization of 215 domestic and international volunteer.
- LOOK BACK ON NCR HISTORY. CODAY, DENNIS // National Catholic Reporter;1/17/2014, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p15
A timeline is presented related to the events of catholic volunteerism in the U.S. from January 1965-January 1985 in the U.S.
- Glossary. // Teens & Volunteerism;2005, pN.PAG
This section presents a glossary of terms related to volunteerism.
- Behind the scenes. Conner, Roberta // Confederated Umatilla Journal;Sep2010 100 Years Supplement, p4
The article focuses on the concept of tribal volunteerism and philanthropy in preparation for the 100th Pendleton Round-Up in Oregon.