Flouting Conventional Wisdom
- NOUVEAU CHIC. Lauterbach, Christiane // Atlanta;Feb2004, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p178
This article provides information on the new modern American restaurant Luxe. The restaurant combines hipness with elegance and offers its customers an experience different from any other in the neighborhood. This sums up most Atlantans' attitude toward the central city. Preparations such as the...
- Dining Guide. // Louisville Magazine;Dec2006, Vol. 57 Issue 12, p88
The article presents information about various restaurants in Louisville, Kentucky. The restaurant Buck's features both traditional and Asian dishes. The restaurant De La Torre's has a beautiful decor and offers various Spanish dishes. The English Grill has wood-paneled dining room and serves...
- FOOD. // Boise Weekly;7/27/2011 Supplement, p28
The article provides information on several restaurants located in Idaho. Flatbread Community Oven offers stone-fired pizza, pasta, and sandwiches, while Le Cafe De Paris serves casual French food, pastries and wine. Irish and American favorites are served at Ha' Penny. Also included are La Vie...
- A Man's Gotta Eat (Very Late). Sachs, Adam // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Mar2007, Vol. 77 Issue 3, p159
The article features several restaurants in the United States that offer late-night dining such as the Avec in Chicago, Illinois, Snackbar and Fork in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Palace Kitchen in Seattle, Washington and the Doug Fir in Portland, Oregon. These restaurants open as early as 10:00...
- Rock the pool. // Australian Gourmet Traveller;Apr2007, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p26
The article offers information on the food offerings at Rockpool restaurant in Sydney, New South Wales. For the appetizer, Rockpool offers a lush autumnal chestnut, pancetta and cabbage soup, followed by a king prawn and chickpea salad with lemon anchovy dressing. For the main course, braised...
- Gozar. Dougherty, Margot // Los Angeles Magazine;Jul2005, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p112
Presents information on the Gozar restaurant in West Hollywood, California. Menu offerings.
- THAI. // Cincinnati Magazine;Nov2014, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p174
Several reviews for restaurants specializing in Thai food in Cincinnati, Ohio, including Green Papaya, Wild Ginger and Sukhothai are presented.
- Culinary delights abound in Southwest Louisiana. Allman-Baldwin, Lysa // New York Amsterdam News;10/21/2010, Vol. 101 Issue 43, p26
A review is offered for several restaurants located in southeast Louisiana including B&O's Kitchen & Grocery, Chastain's Food & Spirits, and Mazen's Restaurant.
- ATLANTA 100. Lauterbach, Christiane // Atlanta;Feb2004, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p184
This article provides information on several restaurants in Atlanta, Georgia. The eccentric menu in the former farm supply store-turned gourmet restaurant, The Feed Store ranges from monkfish loins to fried sirloin, Kobe beef hanger steak, and watercress salad with blue cheese, walnuts and mint...