- The Big Boom of Assisted Living Housing. Checket-Hanks, B. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;11/6/2006, Vol. 229 Issue 10, p1
The article focuses on the opportunities for the heating, ventilation and air conditioning industry on the aging baby boomers who are driving the senior housing market in the U.S. The opportunities are to address specific need of residents and management. The three main options for aging...
- Protecting HFC Use Vital for All. Sutton, William G. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;5/29/2006, Vol. 228 Issue 5, p38
The article comments on the efforts of heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning manufacturers to ensure that appropriate steps are taken to minimize refrigerant emissions. It discusses the environmental concerns over the use of hydrofluorocarbon refrigerants. The article reports on the...
- Selling to the Baby Boomer Generation. Howard, Steve // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;1/28/2008, Vol. 233 Issue 5, p1
The article focuses on the spending habits of baby boomers in the U.S. Individuals from this group own residential replacement heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment, since they can afford to replace rather than repair to improve their homes. They are willing to spend...
- letters. Gogonis, Julian; Pearce, Ray // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;3/15/2010, Vol. 239 Issue 11, p4
Two letters to the editor are presented about revenue loss in the heating, ventilation, airconditioning, and refrigeration (HVACR) industry and energy consumption reduction of HVACR contractors.
- Baby Boomers not guilty. // Money Management;9/1/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 33, p28
The article reports on the rejection of the notion that baby boomers are responsible for the delay of the U.S. in recovering from the global financial crisis.
- How boomers save. Mitchell, Susan // American Demographics;Sep94, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p22
Focuses on the need of baby boomers to build income to prepare for retirement. Efforts to build their savings; Investment shopping for dual earner-couples; Bank encouragement for baby boomers to save early; Statistics.
- Men and their money. // Esquire;Feb1984, Vol. 101 Issue 2, p39
Money is the passion of the '80s. As members of the baby boom move into their 30s and 40s, they have become preoccupied and dominated by money. INSET: stories on 6 individuals whose earnings range from $22,000 to....
- Baby boomers to inherit record amount. Lang, Susan S. // Human Ecology;Fall94, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p32
Reports on the amount of wealth to be inherited by the `baby boom' generation in the United States. Sources of the wealth; Distribution.
- Baby-boomer booty. Richman, Louis S. // Fortune;10/31/1994, Vol. 130 Issue 9, p35
Claims that the great transfer of wealth from elderly parents to their middle-aged baby-boomer children will not be as large as figures reported in the media. Analysis of a recent estimate by Cornell University economists that the baby-boomers will inherit as much as $10.4 trillion; Why the...