2007: The Year of the Security Profession?
- Brave leadership prevents problems from escalating. Taylor, Gill // Third Sector;5/14/2013, Issue 752, p21
The author cites instances when intelligent and brave managers are essential to an organisation including establishing and maintaining a culture, promoting challenging conversations, investigating complaints properly, and speaking up at senior management level when things are not going well.
- The future of multi-managers. Kerr, David // Money Marketing;4/21/2005, p49
Focuses on the future of multi-managers in Great Britain. Enhancement to the supermarket platform.
- People tracker. Pradeep, Priya // Siliconindia;Dec2005/Jan2006, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p41
The article reports on developments regarding the careers of several Indian executives as of December 2005. Bivio Networks appointed Harbrinder S. Kang as vice president for business development. Sunil Manlore was promoted to chief executive at Datacraft India Ltd. Rakesh Chopra joins Convergys...
- When you're in charge, sometimes you need to say 'no'. Walsh, Thomas // Business Journal (Central New York);6/22/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 25, p21
In this article, the author reports that the people who are in the job of leaders and executives have sometimes to say no in order to avoid distractions. The author says that most businesspeople have a tough time saying no by the time they've reached senior management because they've been...
- WHO'S WHO TOLEDO AREA LAW 2010. // Toledo Business Journal;Dec2010, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p13
The article focuses on the 2010 Who's Who in Toledo Area Law which recognized highly capable legal professionals practicing law in Toledo, Ohio. It states that the nomination and voting process was directed at area attorneys to include a peer-to-peer review in the selection process. It cites...
- A Short Primer on Leadership. Sarch, Danny // On Wall Street;Jan2006, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p64
The article discusses the aspects of the job that a great branch manager (GBM) should focus on. GBM are able to anticipate the problems and should show an uncanny ability to solve the problems. They should be engaged in their brokers' lives, both on a personal and a professional level. They...
- ARE YOU A 'DIRECTOR'? // Accountancy;Mar2011, Vol. 147 Issue 1411, p81
The article discusses the three categories of company directors in Great Britain. Individuals who have been validly appointed as directors are considered to be de jure directors. If people act as company directors without valid appointment, they are called de factor directors. The third category...
- Top ranks: Security & alarm companies. Carbonaro, Maria J. // Business Journal (Central New York);11/26/99, Vol. 13 Issue 47, p10
Lists the top nine security and alarm companies in Central New York based on their number of local employees in the region. Top executives; Range of product and service offerings; Sales figures for 1998; Foundation year in Central New York.
- SDM News. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Dec99, Vol. 29 Issue 16, p42
Cites executive developments in the security systems industry as of December 1999. Includes Notifier Integrated Systems Inc.'s appointment of Robert Ritchey as vice president and general manager; American Protective Services' appointment of Debbie Shotwell as vice president of human resource;...