Of rolling smoke and flaming stacks
- Bus diesel deal raises Smiles. // Professional Engineering;2/25/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p7
Reports on Smiles Engineering's contract to revitalize 15-year-old Iveco turbo diesel engines. Modification with advanced particulate traps and new exhaust systems; Highlights of the three-stage gas purification system; Focus on meeting Euro V emissions levels.
- UK: Renault tops new CO2 emissions study. Roberts, Graeme // Aroq - Just-Auto.com (Global News);3/4/2014, p11
The article reports on the fall in the average carbon-dioxide (Co2) emissions from new cars across Europe to 126.8g/km in 2013.
- Project set to boost efficiency of exhaust systems in HDVs. // Engineer (Online Edition);1/15/2013, p2
The article reports on the project launched by the Energy Technologies Institute (ETI) to improve the catalytic conversion efficiencies of exhaust systems in heavy-duty vehicles (HDVs). Chris Thorne of ETI says their modelling work points to efficiency in transport and in the HDV sector as an...
- JE DESIGN A8. Dye, Brandon // AutoWeek;6/26/2006, Vol. 56 Issue 26, p5
The article focuses on the engine upgradations of Audi AG's flagship A8 sedan that were carried on by JE Design. The conversion includes an intercooler, new exhaust, forged pistons and revised engine management. The changes are enough to move the two-ton sedan to 62 mph in 5.2 seconds and on to...
- CCJ a finalist for Neal Award. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Mar2010, Vol. 167 Issue 3, p16
The article reports that the coverage of the 2010 engine emissions regulations entitled "The Main Event," which was made by "Commercial Carrier Journal," was selected as a finalist for the Jesse H. Neal National Business Journalism Award of the American Business Media.
- Changes in 2010 Engines. Deierlein, Bob // Beverage World;9/15/2008, Vol. 127 Issue 9, p122
The article discusses changes in the engines industry in the U.S. by 2010. It is noted that engine technology engine original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) will use to lower nitrogen oxides (NOx) in exhausts in order to meet 2010 emissions regulations. Cat announced it will not supply engines...
- Cummins 'guarantees' Euro 4 emission levels. // Motor Transport;3/20/2003, p6
Discusses the engine and exhaust aftertreatment system developed by Cummins for Euro 4 emissions regulations. Use of selective catalytic reduction with urea injection; Benefits of an improvement in fuel economy; Operational cost benefits of the Integrated Engine Management.
- Trouble-shooting your car's AIR system. HILL, RAY // Popular Science;Dec81, Vol. 219 Issue 6, p104
The article offers suggestions on how to trouble-shoot an air-injection reaction (AIR) system of an automobile. It is advised to replace the drive belt if the sides and bottom of belt is cracked or frayed. Before buying a replacement AIR system, it is suggested to get one which is according to...
- Diesel future. Sleight, Chris // International Construction Turkiye;Jul/Aug2012, Issue 32, p17
The article reports on the insights of Perkins Engines Co. Ltd. president Gwenne Henricks about the future of the diesel engine industry in 2012. According to her, diesel engines will continue to advance despite the introduction of stricter emissions legislation. Henricks also notes the...