- Dollar suffers from vertigo. Everett-Heath, Tom // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;12/10/2004, Vol. 48 Issue 50, p8
Reports on the devaluation of the U.S. dollar as of December 2004. Decline in the value of the dollar against the euro since February 2002; Intervention of the European Central Bank in the issue; Impact of the devaluation on the Persian Gulf Region.
- The Dollar Rules. ROHWER, JIM // Fortune;11/24/1997, Vol. 136 Issue 10, p108
Discusses the economic policy in Hong Kong, China, in relation to the link between the Hong Kong dollar and the U.S. dollar. Possibility that Hong Kong's leaders will be unable to resist the huge pressures to devalue the U.S. dollar; Absence of any independent control over the money supply by...
- Save the Dollar: Import Countries. Keefauver, John // National Review;3/19/1976, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p272
This article deals with the devaluation of the U.S. dollar as of March 1976. The essay states that the devaluation of the currency may have an effect on the position of the U.S. in global trading markets. It may also influence the performance of the tourism industry of the nation. Lastly, the...
- Unofficial Dollarization (Evidence from Jordan (1988-2007)). Kasawneh, Ohoud; Salem, Razan; shaher, Thair Al // International Research Journal of Finance & Economics;2010, Issue 58, p7
This paper aims to investigate the presence of unofficial dollarization (mainly U.S dollar) and its determinants in Jordan, which considered as one of the most open economies in the Middle East. A model is used (based on simple money supply function, inflation, and interest rate differentials;...
- Dollar's descent distresses some in Europe. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;4/27/1995, Vol. 169 Issue 81, p12
Reports on the impact of the declining value of the American dollar on the European fashion industry. Opportunities for American apparel manufacturers in the face of the dollar decline; Decline in turnover at several fashion stores in Europe; Comments by several American and international...
- Dollar's woes prompt cheers from tourism industry. McClain, Randy // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);3/13/95, Vol. 15 Issue 36, p6
Focuses on the impact of the US Dollar's devaluation on Louisiana's tourist trade. Increase in number of international travelers visiting the state; Increase in tourists' purchasing power; Increase in number of foreign conventioneers.
- Bye-Bye, Dollar Bill? // Scholastic News -- Edition 5/6;5/2/2011, Vol. 79 Issue 23/24, p3
The article focuses on the possible decline of the U.S. dollar bill, wherein U.S. authorities want to substitute one-dollar bills with one dollar coins to save billions of dollars spent on producing one dollar paper bills.
- Medium-Term Concerns Will Continue. // Emerging Markets Monitor;1/13/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 37, p6
Presents updates on the economic condition in Hong Kong, China as of January 13, 2003. Speculation over a currency devaluation; Overview of domestic deflation threat; Support to be gained from low U.S. interest rates and the U.S. dollar depreciation.
- Lack of fiscal discipline contributes to dollar's fall. Barkey, Patrick // Indianapolis Business Journal;6/2/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p44
Comments on the decline of U.S. dollar against the euro. Advantages and disadvantages of the fall of the dollar; Impact on the manufacturing economy; Factor contributing to the dollar's fall.