Quotes & Notes
- PK West Two-Day Sale. // Graham Leader;5/11/2016, Vol. 140 Issue 78, p5A
No abstract available.
- Deadline approaching to close down county fire stations near Shiprock and Newcomb. Donovan, Bill // Navajo Times;8/27/2015, Vol. 54 Issue 34, pA5
The article reports on the plan to close down several fire stations in New Mexico by The San Juan Commission including in Shiprock, Newcomb, and Ojo Armillo.
- SAVING THE NORTH SIDE: OPELIKA, ALA., WELCOMES NEW FIRE STATION. // American City & County;Mar2014, Vol. 129 Issue 3, p29
The article offers information on Fire Station No. 3 in Opelika, Alabama which was established in January 2013. The fire station is a modern and state-of-the-art facility that costs 1.7 million dollars with dayroom, kitchen, and laundry facility. It also allows to better serve the public during...
- Communication and Fire Service Organisations: New Reflections on an Old Challenge. Eyre, Anne // International Fire Service Journal of Leadership & Management;2015, Issue 9, p11
This paper explores communication issues within fire and other emergency service organisations. It highlights how human factors in communication, the interaction between information, people, and technology, present both challenges and opportunities for the effectiveness of communication within...
- Fire cracker. Dunlop, Beth // Architectural Record;May1994, Vol. 182 Issue 5, p94
Features the Reedy Creek Improvement District Emergency Services Center firehouse in Orlando, Florida designed by Venturi, Scott Brown and Associates. Proximity to the Magic Kingdom; Description; References to firestation imagery; Photographs.
- Hertfordshire firefighters become national champions. // Fire;Nov2014, Vol. 110 Issue 1373, p5
The article reports that a team from Blue Watch at Stevenage Fire Station of Hertfordshire, England triumphed at the National Breathing Apparatus Challenge held at the Fire Service College in Gloucestershire, England by defeating 12 other fire services from around Great Britain.
- News Glimpses. // Fire Engineering;Dec2003, Vol. 156 Issue 12, p52
Reports on developments related to fire departments and emergency medical services in the U.S. Approval of the Interim National Response Plan by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security; Fires safety initiative launched by the U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency and the Fire Safety...
- Dinosaurs are born, not made. KERNEY, WILLIAM R. // Industrial Fire World;Fall2013, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p35
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of how he became a writer for the magazine "Industrial Fire World" on emergency medical services.
- CITY OF GOODYEAR FIRE STATION NO. 185. // Fire Chief;Nov2008, Vol. 52 Issue 11, p135
The article features the architectural design of the City of GoodYear Fire Station No. 185 in Goodyear, Arizona. The facility is an 11,000-square-foot two-bay fire station on a geometrically constrained 1.1 acre resort community center site. Its contemporary design laid out direct response and...