Who heads our Top 40?
- Rebranding in the chemical industry. Chang, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;8/14/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 5, p4
The author reflects on the change of the name of "Chemical Market Reporter" magazine to "ICIS Chemical Business." He correlated the rebranding with the number of mergers and acquisitions of several companies in the chemical industry. He cited the relaunching of the three private equity firms...
- Launching with M&A. Chang, Joseph // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;9/4/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 8, p5
The author reflects on issues related to the debut issue of "ICIS Chemical Business Americas." The cover story for the September 4, 2006 issue titled "Global Report on Mergers and Acquisitions," focused on deal making, specialty chemical transactions, rising valuations among others. Introduced...
- Asahi, Mitsubishi Rayon lead a new wave of alliances. Wood, Andrew // Chemical Week;1/26/94, Vol. 154 Issue 3, p26
Reports on strategic alliances and mergers in the Japanese chemical industry. Asahi Chemical's alliance with Mitsubishi Rayon in methyl methacrylate; Mitsubishi Rayon' proposed merger deal with Mitsubishi Kasei in acrylonitrile butadiene styrene; Mitsubishi Kasei's negotiations with Japan...
- TAKING PART IN ROUNDTABLE. // ICIS Chemical Business;6/13/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 21, p17
The article presents information about the participants of a roundtable discussion on mergers and acquisitions in the chemical industry, including Tom Crotty from INEOS Group, Richard Verity from Booz and Co., and Ralf Kuhlmann from International E-Chem.
- Degussa to sell 1,3-propanediol technology to DuPont. // Colourage;Nov97, Vol. 44 Issue 11, p45
Reports that Degussa Corp. and DuPont USA have signed a letter of intent for the sale of Degussa's propaneidol technology to DuPont.
- ISTCL becomes wholly owned subsidiary of Ciba Specialty Chemicals (India) Ltd. // Colourage;Aug2000, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p85
Reports on CIBA Specialty Chemicals Ltd.'s acquisition of Indo Swiss Textile Chemicals Ltd.
- Univar to Acquire Quaron Group. // Ink World;Mar/Apr2010, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p77
The article reports on the plan of chemical distributor Univar to acquire Quaron Group.
- Newsbriefs. // Chemical Week;10/7/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 37, p5
Presents news briefs on chemical companies worldwide as of October 7, 1998. Executives changes announced by Praxair; Acquisition of LG Chemical's stake in LG AlliedSignal by AlliedSignal; Outline of Kerr-McGee's program to reduce company overhead; European Commission's approval of the merger of...
- Asia in brief. Chang, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;11/10/97, Vol. 252 Issue 19, p27
Presents various news on chemical industry in Asia. Joint venture between Dyno Co. and Wesfarmers and National Mutual Life for an ammonium nitrate project in Australia; Specialty gas facility in Shihwa, Korea by Korea Industrial Gases Co. and Air Products CO.; Merger plan of Yizheng Chemical Co.