Are we shouting our message to the right people?
- Industry's Public Image Improves in Europe. Scott, Alex // Chemical Week;7/21/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 24, p11
Reports on the positive image of the chemical industry in Europe, according to a biannual public survey conducted by the Cefic organization in 2004. Representation of the findings; Public perception on the industry's performance.
- management In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;3/11/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 10, p35
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry as of March 11, 2002. Growth of manufacturing activity in the U.S. for the month of February; Decrease of the Conference Board's Consumer Confidence Index; Description of the German economy.
- Chemical reputation improves. // Process Engineering;Jul2004, Vol. 85 Issue 7, p4
Discloses the findings of a survey commissioned by the European Chemical Industry Council on the improvement in European public's opinions on the chemical industry. Percentage of respondents with positive impressions of the industry; European countries that show an improvement in image; Concerns...
- Industry image positive at last. Cozier, Muriel // European Chemical News;7/12/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2108, p27
Presents information on the pan-European survey by Cefic on the image of the chemical industry in Europe in 2004. Percentage of Europeans who had a positive attitude towards the chemical industry; Number of respondents included in the survey; Major factor influencing change in perception.
- Chemical industry still enjoys good public image in Europe. Cozier, Muriel // ICIS Chemical Business;12/4/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 46, p43
The article discusses the positive image of the European chemical industry. The survey, commissioned by Cefic, rated the industry's ranking at number six out of eight benchmark sectors. Nuclear energy and petrol/oil industries were ranked lowest, while electronics obtained the most positive...
- ACC Guardedly Optimistic On Chemical Industry Recovery. // Chemical Market Reporter;5/13/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 19, p4
Discusses an economic survey conducted by the American Chemistry Council regarding the chemical industry in the U.S. Information on trends in the gross domestic product of the chemical industry; Differences in the recovery rates of chemical products; Details of a potential problem regarding an...
- Industry Could Be Nearing Trough of Current Down Cycle, ACC Says. // Chemical Market Reporter;1/21/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 3, p4
Highlights the market survey conducted by the American Chemistry Council in the United States chemical industry. Range of economic problems faced by the industry in 2001; Indicators of a recovering economy for the industry; Key factor attributed to the recession; Outlook on the business cycle...
- Cracking down on crime. Baker, John; Robinson, Simon // ICIS Chemical Business;7/17/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 28, p5
The article discusses the decline in economic crime on the chemicals industry. According to a survey conducted by PricewaterhouseCoopers, the chemicals industry has seen a slight reduction in economic crime. But companies still need to tighten controls to deal with the threat of economic crime...
- Symptoms of Adverse Health Effects Among Residents from Communities Surrounding Chemical-Industrial Complexes in Southeast Texas. Morris, Debra L.; Barker, P. Jene; Legator, Marvin S. // Archives of Environmental Health;Mar2004, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p160
The article focuses on a multisymptom health survey to determine a self-reported health status of two communities in Jefferson County, compared with a third community in another southeast Texas county. Surveyed communities were Beaumont, Texas, with a population of about 114,000; Port Arthur,...