Where's The Fun?
- California's Healthy Vending Campaign. // Food Management;Aug2005, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p17
Reports on the introduction of a new approach to healthy vending by the Integrated Healthcare Association (IHA) in California. Concept of the new approach; Intention of IHA to make half of the products on their onsite vending machines healthful snacks and beverages; Goal of the initiative.
- HOW TO MEASURE, MANAGE & MAXIMIZE: THE PROFITABILITY MIX. Wolson, Shelley // FoodService Director;10/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p75
Argues that brand drive the product mix in vending. Information on the right product combinations; Categories of snack machines.
- Trend watch. Allerton, Haidee E. // Training & Development;Jan99, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p14
Takes a look at the different snacks offered in office vending machines.
- CHANGING MEALS IN SCHOOLS. Wasserman, Debra; Stahler, Charles // Vegetarian Journal;2005, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p4
Reports on the Maryland State Board of Education's intention to vote on new nutritional standards for schools. Turning on of vending machines that contain foods of minimal nutritional value such as soda and candy until after school hours; Fat content of all snacks except nuts sold in the...
- Vendor Surrounded and Outgunned. Reill, Howard // FoodService Director;6/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p62
The article reports on the challenges faced by Joseph Benedict, executive director, auxiliary services for Brooklyn College in Brooklyn, New York, in providing food service to the students. Benedict said that they have three or four machines that dispense cold sandwiches egg salad, tuna fish,...
- Break the Mold. Burrows, Kate // Food & Drink;Nov/Dec2006, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p118
The article features food service company Take a Break Service in Escondido, California. Take a Break Service offers fresh snacks and beverages with its vending machines, as well as dining services, coffee, filtered water tanks and convenience stores. It was founded by Ron Reinhardt, owner and...
- United Kingdom Snacks Vending. // Snacks Vending Industry Profile: United Kingdom;2002, pN.PAG
Presents a profile of the snacks vending industry in the United Kingdom. Background on Datamonitor, a business information company specializing in industry analysis; Executive summary of the industry; Market overview; Market value; Market segmentation; Competitive landscape; Leading companies...
- Healthier snacks from smarter machines. Daly, Pete // Grand Rapids Business Journal;12/31/2012, Vol. 30 Issue 53, p3
The article offers information on the Sprout Healthy Vending machines which offers healthier snacks, uses Energy Star to conserve electricity, and accepts cards, as well as automatically refunding payments if no goods are produced and electronically notifying the owner if stocks are low.
- To Stock Core Products: Using Plan-O-Grams. Silver, Sheldon // FoodService Director;09/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p153
Focuses on the popularity of the use of plan-o-grams for glass-front snack machines in the United States. Theory of plan-o-grams; How to help manage the program; Reasons for the use of plan-o-grams.