- La acciÃ³n exterior de las comunidades autÃ³nomas en 2007. // Anuario Internacional CIDOB;2008: edicion 2008, p411
No abstract available.
- LA DIFICULTAD DEL TRIBUNAL CONSTITUCIONAL COMO GARANTE DE LA AUTONOMï¿½A TERRITORIAL. VILLAL�N, PEDRO CRUZ // Actualidad Juridica (1578-956X);2008, Issue 19, p101
The uninterrupted undergoing process of devolution in Spain since 1979 ("autonomic process") has required ever since an intense adjudication activity by the Constitutional Court. Three years ago the legal norms defining the scope of the devolved competences (Statutes of Autonomy) have been...
- Growing pains. // Nature Medicine;Oct2006, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p1101
Spain's backing of biomedical research has grown steadily over the past few years, but the direction of some of its key programs could turn this support into a wasted opportunity.
- EL EFECTO REDISTRIBUTIVO DE LAS TRANSFERENCIAS EN LA FINANCIACIÃ“N REGIONAL. // Revista de EconomÃa Aplicada;2010, Vol. 18 Issue 53, p99
No abstract available.
- CIA: The World Factbook: Spain. // CIA World Fact Book;2006, p228
The article presents an encyclopedia entry for Spain. Spain is located in Southwestern Europe. Its powerful world empire of the 16th and 17th centuries ultimately yielded command of the seas to England. Subsequent failure to embrace the mercantile and industrial revolutions caused the country to...
- Determinants of patient delay among tuberculos cases in Spain. Díez, M.; Bleda, M.J.; Alcalde, J.; Domínguez, A.; Caloto, T.; Castells, C.; Cardenal, J.I.; Gayoso, P.; Gutiérrez, A.G.; Huerta, C.; López, M.J.; Moreno, T.; Munoz, F.; Navarro, C.; Picó, M.; Pozo, F.; Quirós, J.R.; Robles, F.; Sánchez, J.M.; Vanaclocha, H. // European Journal of Public Health;Jun2004, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p151
Background: Patient delay was investigated in a cohort of TB patients identified from May 1996 until April 1997 in 13 Autonomous Regions in Spain. The study covered almost 67% of the total Spanish population. Methods: Data were collected from clinical records. Using unconditional logistic...
- On the Political Determinants of Intergovernmental Grants in Decentralized Countries: The Case of Spain. Simon-Cosano, Pablo; Lago-Peñas, Santiago; Vaquero, Alberto // Publius: The Journal of Federalism;Jan2014, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p135
This article examines the effect of political variables on the gains obtained by Spanish regions in periodical bargaining of the intergovernmental financing agreements and on the regional distribution of discretional earmarked grants. First, we find that the relationship between gains in...
- Â¿GestiÃ³n o representaciÃ³n? Los determinantes del voto en contextos polÃticos complejos. Aguilar, Paloma; Sánchez-Cuenca, Ignacio // Revista EspaÃ±ola de Investigaciones Sociologicas;ene-mar2007, Issue 117, p61
This paper analyses the way in which voting decision combines factors regarding government performance and the representative nature of the rulers. We have selected four Spanish regions with different degrees of nationalism and different parties at autonomous regional and central government...
- IRAQ-SECURITY. // Middle East Reporter (Daily Edition);12/15/2011, Vol. 199 Issue 5241, p11
The article reports that the Iraqi government has sent a delegation to the Diyala governorate to discuss the crisis caused by the province's push to become an autonomous region. According to First Deputy Chairman of the Iraqi Parliament Qusay al-Suhail, the Council of Representatives decided to...