- A Vision for Stroke Rehabilitation Transformation in Ontario. Finestone, Hillel M. // Canadian Journal of Neurological Sciences;Nov2011, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p806
The author reflects on the article regarding the challenges faced by the stroke rehabilitation system in Ontario by Matthew J. Meyer and colleagues. The author states that the complicated system of post-stroke rehabilitation was highlighted by mirroring a 2010 Canadian Medical Association (CMA)...
- Inspired by Israel. Brinkley, Ruth // Modern Healthcare;8/6/2007, Vol. 37 Issue 31, p20
The author comments on the visit made by members of the Women Business Leaders of the U.S. Health Care Industry Foundation to Israel to learn about its healthcare system and its innovations. She praises Israel for its success in implementing universal coverage. She points out some of the...
- LETTER FROM THE PRESIDENT. Burger, Deborah // Registered Nurse: Journal of Patient Advocacy;Jan/Feb2007, Vol. 103 Issue 1, p2
The author reflects on the issues related to the national healthcare system in the U.S. She argues on the proposals of every state to reform the healthcare system. The author also comments on the reliance of Americans to the insurance industry market to provide their needed coverage. She further...
- Panel takes a look at the future of health care in Canada. // Chain Drug Review;9/12/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 15, p2
The article focuses on the move of the Canadian Medical Association (CMA) to discuss the funded health system in Canada during its general council annual meeting.
- On...the...Net@cma.ca. Green, Deidre // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;3/23/99, Vol. 160 Issue 6, p873
Discusses the Canadian Medical Association's online service, called Ovid Search: Link to Electronic Resources (OSLER). The celebration of its first year of activation on March 9, 1999; Apology to callers who get voicemail after calling for help; Information on the first annual OSLER contest.
- CMA urges overhaul of electronic health records strategy. Kondro, Wayne // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;11/9/2010, Vol. 182 Issue 16, pE743
The article focuses on the initiative to improve electronic medical records (EMRs) strategy in Canada. Canadian Medical Association (CMA) president Jeff Turnball stresses the significance to accelerate adoption of health information technology (HIT) in health care to improve patient care and...
- Potpourri. Wootton, John // Canadian Journal of Rural Medicine;Spring2006, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p85
The article discusses issues concerning medical care in Canada. The relationship between the Canadian Medical Association and the editor of the periodical "Canadian Journal of Rural Medicine" was not sustainable. There is an impending collapse of Canadian medicare. The periodical will celebrate...
- CMA's core-services framework featured at international conference. Williams, John R. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;04/15/97, Vol. 156 Issue 8, p1192
Reports on the 1st International Conference on Priorities in Health Care. Approach of the Canadian Medical Association (CMA) in determining core services; Health care experiences of participating countries.
- A shortage of doctors? What shortage? Sibbald, Barbara // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;3/20/2001, Vol. 164 Issue 6, p857
Discusses the report 'Revitalizing Medicare: Shared Problems, Public Solutions,' by the Tommy Douglas Research Institute. How the report highlights that there is not a shortage of doctors in Canada; Failures of the report; Response from the Canadian Medical Association.