China's big, bad and ugly
- COUNTERFEITING. Pla, Ruth Le // NZ Marketing Magazine;May2001, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p12
Reveals what marketers can do to protect themselves against counterfeit goods. Popular brands that are usually imitated; What intellectual property rights include; Possible forms of enforcement relating to counterfeit merchandise.
- This is a bust! Sabbag, Gary E. // Wenatchee Business Journal;Jul99, Vol. 13 Issue 7, pA12
Reports on local and federal authorities' seizure of counterfeit T-shirts during raids conducted on two clothing stores in Wenatchee, Washington. Economic impact of the counterfeit trademark business in the United States; Penalties for selling or displaying counterfeit goods.
- How to spot a fake. // Men's Health;Jan/Feb99, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p44
Provides some tips on how to distinguish fakes. Things to look for item assessment; Quality evaluation; Distinguished marks in a fake product.
- COUNTERFEIT SEIZURES INCREASE AT CALIFORNIA PORT. Casabona, Liza // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/30/2007, Vol. 194 Issue 115, p12
The article reports on the increase in the number of seizures of counterfeit products in November 2010 compared with 2009 at the largest U.S. port, Long Angeles-Long Beach.
- Cutting Edge Technology for Brand Protection and Anti-Counterfeiting Measures. Berrada, Karim // Proceedings of the Annual International Conference & Exhibition ;2013, p300
The article provides an overview of the development of a cutting edge technology for brand protection and anti-counterfeiting measures.
- International Counterfeit Marketing: Success Without Risk. Delener, Nejdet // Review of Business;Spring/Summer2000, Vol. 21 Issue 1/2, p16
Talks about counterfeiting, a worldwide phenomenon that has existed for many years in all sectors of the markets. Value of international trade in counterfeit products per year; Reasons for the attractiveness of the United States products to counterfeiters; Counterfeiting strategies for stealing...
- Accept no imitations. Whitehead, Mark // Supply Management;10/2/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 20, p20
Focuses on the consequences of the practice of makers of counterfeit goods of targeting business-to-business supplies. Increase in reports of product failure; Effect on company profits.
- The Fight Against Fakes. Thomas, Dana // Harper's Bazaar;Jan2009, Issue 3566, p69
The article discusses the consequences for purchasing counterfeit items, such as the fake Gucci, Prada, and Fendi products seized in a raid in Chinatown, New York City in February 2008. INSETS: HOW TO SPOT A FAKE;WHAT YOU CAN DO.
- Copyright lobby cries foul over blocked Bill. McCawley, Ian // Marketing Week;3/2/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p20
Reports that lobbying group Alliance Against Counterfeiting and Piracy has accused the Government of stealing its plans for strengthening counterfeiting laws in Great Britain. Organizations under the lobby group; Team up with Liberal Democrat peer Lord McNally to raise the issue of copycat...