Cracking down on crime
- Economic crime rises. // BRW;11/1/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 43, p18
The article reports on PricewaterhouseCoopers' claim that Australia has a higher incidence of economic crime than the rest of the world. According to Price's study, 50 percent of companies in the country suffer from crime against 43 percent globally. The study also revealed that only 39 percent...
- TO CATCH A THIEF. // Accountancy;Jun2010, Vol. 145 Issue 1402, p102
The article presents a discussion about insider fraud, which takes place when employees or the management performs fraudulent acts. It is noted that the recession has caused the number of insider fraud in Great Britain to grow. An economic crime survey by PricewaterhouseCoopers found that lack...
- MiddIe East: Nearly 70% of fraud committed by insiders - PwC. // MiddleEast Insurance Review;Mar2012, p11
The article reports on the findings of the Middle East Economic Crime Survey conducted by PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP (PwC) on the economic crime and fraud reported by businesses and other organisations in the Middle East.
- Turning the screw on fraud. Allen, Andy // Supply Management;11/1/2007, Vol. 12 Issue 22, p15
The article highlights the results of the 2007 Global Economic Crime Survey in Great Britain from PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC). The survey notes that the annual cost of financial crime to the organization has risen over the past two years. Andrew Gordon of PwC explains the factors for the rise...
- End market is Key, says PWC. // European Chemical News;4/21/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2049, p7
Reports on the results of a study conducted by PricewaterhouseCoopers which found that specialty chemical producers do not perform better than commodity producers unless they have well chosen end markets. Information on the Industrial Performance Monitor; Details of the findings.
- Leslie Seidman Reappointed to FASB. Barlas, Stephen; Osheroff, Mike; Thompson, Lance A.; Williams, Kathy // Strategic Finance;Apr2006, Vol. 87 Issue 10, p17
The article offers three news briefs about finance. The Institute of Management Accounting member and certified public accountant, Leslie F. Seidman, is reappointed to the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB). The International Accounting Standards Board and FASB reaffirms its commitment...
- Assessing CEO Confidence. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;2/4/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 4, p3
The article states that chemical industry chief executive officers (CEOs) are less confident about business prospects in 2008 than executives in other sectors, but they are generally more upbeat about the potential for innovation to drive growth, according to the survey by PricewaterhouseCoopers...
- $21m lost to economic crime. // European Chemical News;7/5/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2107, p8
Reports on the result of a survey on economic crimes that affect the chemical industry conducted by PricewaterhouseCoopers in 2003. Estimated net loss of the industry due to economic crime; Impact of industrial espionage on the industry; Percentage of chemical companies suffering from economic...
- Economic crime continues to rise around the world. // Regional Today;2/21/2014, p1
The article reports on the findings of the "2014 Global Economic Crime Survey" published by professional services firm PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP (PwC) which stresses the rise of economic crimes around the world.