Living Up to the Promise
- SportsOneSource Closes on Sporting Goods Business Acquisition. // SGB;Oct2006, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p10
This article offers a look at the acquisition of the VNU Sports Business Media properties by the SportsOneSource Group. Quotes are included by James Hartford, president and CEO of The SportsOneSource Group, Judy Leand, editor-in-chief of the print and online publications, and Samuel Wender,...
- Stand and Deliver. Bhonslay, Marianne // SGB;Dec2005, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p6
The article discusses the impact of new technologies, resort upgrades and creative customer service on the snow sports industry in the U.S. Efforts have been made by various vendors, retailers and industry leaders in order to outlive elitist image of snow sports. These group welcomes the masses...
- PUBLISHER'S LETTER. Erwin, Charlotte // SGB;Jan2006, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p8
The article presents a forecast on the sporting goods industry in the U.S. for 2006. Mergers and acquisitions will play a major role. Retailers are trying to streamline operations, and are contemplating major technology upgrades. While many consumers will remain loyal to specialty stores that...
- Outdoor Performance Poised to Take Off. Cody, Tamika // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jan2012, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p34
The article reports on the rise in merger and acquisition (M&A) deals in the market for sporting goods, athletic apparel, and outdoor performance sports. Nathan Pund, managing director at D.A. Davidson, said consumers continue to demand for outdoor gear because it is an extension of their...
- K2 Makes a Pitch to Buy Locally Based Fotoball USA. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;12/1/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 48, p10
Announces K2 Inc.'s offer to purchase Fotoball USA, a San Diego-based maker of souvenirs, for about $17 million. Possible benefits for both companies; Other acquisitions of K2 including Rawlings Sporting Goods Co., Olin, Worth, Stearns, and Shakespeare.
- Change for the Better. Hartford, James // SGB;Jul2008, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p4
The article reflects on the retail report put forward by SportsOneSource Group. According to the author, the market has become more competitive, more consolidated and more challenging for many retailers and manufacturers. The customer, whether a retail consumer, a buyer, a manufacturer, a client...
- From the Editors. // SGB;Nov2007, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p10
The article reviews the website Sgbupdate.com from the SportsOneSource media service.
- The SportsOneSource Group Expands into New Offices. // SGB;Feb2008, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p4
The article reports on developments within the sporting goods industry SportsOneSource Group highlighting its team expansion in the U.S. The company, along with its sister publications "Outdoor Business," "Sporting Goods Dealer," and "Hunting Business," has consolidated much of its business...
- EAT LIKE A PIG, SOUND LIKE A HOG. // Dealernews;Jul2010, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p31
The article offers tips for sporting goods dealers to boost their products by organizing recreational activities for their customers by making pie eating and hog calling contest.