De minimis, school bonds: Clinton trots out a loser and a possible winner
- Yields Up Slightly in Moderate Secondary. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;9/2/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33377, p2
The article reports on the growth in yields in the municipal market in New York. It shows that the Municipal Market Data triple-A scale yielded 2.19% in 10 years and 3.29% in 20 years, while 30-year tax-exempts set record lows four times in the past nine sessions. It indicates that the Tennessee...
- APPA Backs Additional Advance Refundings. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;1/29/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31313, p4
Reports that the U.S. municipal electric utilities decided to push the U.S. Congress for legislation to allow additional advance refunding on all their tax-exempt debt. Amount of public power systems in outstanding tax-exempt debt; Significance of airports as other area of municipal finance.
- Lott: School bond bill faces uphill fight. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;06/15/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30662, p36
Reports on the problems being faced by a plan to issue tax-exempt school construction bonds in Washington, D.C.
- Moody's Finds Higher Tax-Exempt Issuance by Private K-12s. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;04/03/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31110, p3
Reports on the higher tax-exempt bond issuance by private K-12 schools in the United States. Financial factors affecting the issuance of bonds; Increased demand for private school education.
- Groups push senate to support bond bill. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;05/13/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30640, p6
Focuses on an alliance's call for senators to support a bill aimed at expanding the use of tax-exempt bonds for school construction in the United States. Creation of the category of private-activity bonds for school construction; Most important source of capital for public school construction.
- Munis Unchanged Ahead of FOMC Minutes Release. Curran, William; Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;5/31/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32392, p2
The article reports that the municipal bond market seemed unchanged in the last week of May, 2006 just before the release of the minutes of the May 10 meeting of the Federal Open Market Committee in the United States. The investors were cautious after the holiday weekend to buy securities but...
- Munis Firmer Amid Heavy New-Issue Supply. Sçarchilli, Michael; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/5/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32481, p2
The article reports that as of October 14, 2006 municipal market has been slightly firmer as market participants endured a flood of new-issue supply, having a deals that totaled to more than $2 billion in the U.S. According to traders, tax-exempts were about two or three basis point firmer....
- Tax court ruling favors issuer: Columbus wins pension case. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;04/08/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30368, p1
Focuses on a US Tax Court ruling which favored the plan of the city of Columbus, Ohio to sell over $25 million in tax-exempt pension bonds. Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) argument that the bonds are classified as arbitrage bonds; Refunding of the city's debt to the state; Bond sale's...
- Detroit's Convention Center Gears Up for Public Borrowing. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;2/21/2014, Vol. 123 Issue F308, p1
The article offers information related to the Detroit's Cobo Hall, the riverfront convention center, Michigan, owned by the Detroit Regional Convention Facility Authority. Topics discussed include the efforts of the authority, to rebuild the city after Detroit's municipal bankruptcy, first...