What's in a Name?
- Marketers look to score with women's sports. Miller, Cyndee // Marketing News;08/04/97, Vol. 31 Issue 16, p1
This article focuses on the trend in marketing of sporting goods. After years of commercials starring a bunch of Mountain Dew dudes engaging in so-called extreme sports, the advertisement features the debut of the dudettes. In what the company says is one of its most popular advertisements this...
- The Orvis Co. Retzlaff, Heather // Multichannel Merchant (Penton Media, Inc.);Sep2006, Vol. 2 Issue 9, p57
The article features the spring 2005 print catalog of sporting goods and apparel from Orvis Co. The range of products from the company is discussed. The way Orvis presented technical information is described. The use of problem/solution boxes in the catalog is considered. The limitations of the...
- Stand and Deliver. Bhonslay, Marianne // SGB;Dec2005, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p6
The article discusses the impact of new technologies, resort upgrades and creative customer service on the snow sports industry in the U.S. Efforts have been made by various vendors, retailers and industry leaders in order to outlive elitist image of snow sports. These group welcomes the masses...
- Living Up to the Promise. Hartford, James // SGB;Oct2006, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p4
The author reflects on the acquisition of the periodicals "Sporting Goods Business," "Sporting Goods Dealer," "Inside Sporting Goods," "Outdoor Business," and "Hunting Business" by The SportsOneSource Group in 2006. The article presents the author's focus on the value of the brand name and...
- Sporting Goods Update. Troy, Mike // DSN Retailing Today;8/16/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 16, p37
Presents news on sporting goods retail in the United States recent as of August 16, 2004. Appointment of Ed Whitehead as executive vice president of Galyan's Trading Co.; Launching of Wilson Sporting Goods' golf clubs and balls.
- About face on putters. Johnson, E. Michael // Golf World;3/12/2004, Vol. 57 Issue 33, p12
Reports that a growing number of golfers have turned to milled putters. Advantages of milled putters; Weaknesses of milled putters; Marketing appeal of milled putters.
- NRPA. // Government Product News;Oct95, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p12
Presents products and equipment for outdoor use and recreation. Includes metal outdoor furniture; Sports scoreboards; Basketball system.
- Roundup. // Parks & Recreation;Nov2000, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p87
Introduces several products for recreational activities. Kat Kruzer from Rave Sports company; Double Slides from Landscape Structures Inc.; Pool heaters from Bel-Aqua Pool Supply Inc.
- Trading post. // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Dec98, Vol. 70 Issue 12, p63
Features a selection of environmental exploration gadgets and gear. Includes lightweight, flexible and extremely comfortable shoes from Ecco; Rohan's Universal Traveller jacket; Night vision scope from Moonlight Products.