- State election defeat hamstrings federal government. Ferti, Duroyan // Green Left Weekly;5/19/2010, Issue 837, p19
The article reports on the defeat of Chancellor Angela Merkel's Christian Democratic Party (CDU) at the state election in North-Rhine Westphalia.
- Pirates plunder Berlin as Merkel's ship founders. Fertl, Duroyan // Green Left Weekly;9/28/2011, Issue 897, p15
The article offers information on the results of the September 18, 2011 elections in the inner-state city of Berlin, Germany that has threatened the government of Chancellor Angela Merkel, putting emphasis on the unexpected 8.9% win of the Pirate Party.
- A Different Germany. Utitz, BedŘ // New Presence: The Prague Journal of Central European Affairs;Spring2006, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p32
The article accounts on the parliamentary election in Germany, wherein a great number of seats had won by the country's Christian Democrats Party. It comments on how an apparently insurmountable pre-election leads over Social Democrats, which is believed to be the most prominent political party...
- Introduction. Langenbacher, Eric // German Politics & Society;Spring2006, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p1
The author presents his views on the relation of drama to German politics. He relates his conversation with a colleague who was disdainful of German politics. The loss of the Social Democrats in the state election in North Rhine Westphalia in May 2005 is pondered by the author. The article also...
- State election weakens Merkel. Ferti, Duroyan // Green Left Weekly;3/30/2011, Issue 874, p19
The article reports that the governing Christian Democratic Union (CDU) of Chancellor Angela Merkel survived a narrow vote during elections for the eastern state of Saxony-Anhalt in Germany.
- EUROPE'S RIGHT TURNS LEFT. Theil, Stefan; McNicoll, Tracy; Underhill, William // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);10/12/2009 (Pacific Edition), Vol. 154 Issue 15, p42
The author focuses on a political shift in Europe in which conservative politicians have swept elections and center-right political parties govern in Germany, France, Italy and historically progressive countries, such as Sweden. The author focuses on German Chancellor Angela Merkel and her...
- Elections Update. // Political Intelligence Briefing;10/24/2013, p1
The article offers world election news briefs as of October 24, 2013. Angela Merkel, leader of the Christian Democratic Union (CDU), won the parliamentary elections in Germany in September 2013. The political party Rally for the Guinean People has won the parliamentary elections in Guinea in...
- Nuclear clock still ticking. Jones, Simon // Utility Week;6/25/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 23, p11
The article discusses the possible impact of the loss of the Christian Democratic Union (CDU) political party of German Chancellor Angela Merkel in the 2010 state elections on the nuclear power stations in the country. Merkel has built an alliance with pro-business liberal organizations and...
- World leaders congratulate Turkish PM over poll results. // Journal of Turkish Weekly;11/9/2015, p1
The article offers information on the congratulatory official statements and phone calls being offered to Turkey's Justice and Development (AK) Party prime minister Ahmet Davutoglu for his party's win in the election. It reveals that the election was held in a peaceful environment. It also...