Powerful Antiterror Weapon--Unused
- Gold, oil and dollar repercussions. Laidi, Ashraf // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Dec2005, Vol. 34 Issue 15, p36
This article focuses on the impact of gold and oil prices and the value of dollar on the trading business. There has always been paid an special attention to the relationship between the prices of oil and gold. But as the gold-oil ratio stands at half its 35-year average, a rebound becomes...
- Butadiene Pricing Pressured by Euro, Energy Costs. // Chemical Market Reporter;12/8/2003, Vol. 264 Issue 20, p8
Examines the factors influencing the stable pricing of butadiene in 2003. Influence of the higher crude oil costs and widening gulf between the euro and the U.S. dollar; Expectations of a possible rollover of prices.
- Money. // Travel Daily;10/14/2014, p7
The article reports on the weakening of the Australian dollar along with the decline in global oil prices which can put pressure on airlines to cut fuel charges.
- SA's terms of trade weaken. de Klerk, Vic // Finance Week;08/27/99, p20
Reports that the terms of trade of South Africa have weakened considerably since May 1999. Impact of the decline in the world prices of gold and the surge in prices of crude oil; Pressure on the country's trade account due to the sharp depreciation in the ratio of gold and oil prices.
- High oil prices could fuel terrorism, report warns. // Geo-Strategy Direct;11/14/2007, p9
The article reports that high prices of crude oil could fuel terrorism, according to a report by the Washington Institute. The unprecedented windfall in oil revenues could promote nuclear programs as well as fund Al Qaida, Hizbullah and other insurgency groups in the Middle East. Authored by...
- Pack Those Suitcases, Ma: We're Going on Vacation! // Adweek Eastern Edition;4/15/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 16, p60
Reports the impact of the September 11 terrorists attacks on the reactions of people on airplanes in the U.S. Reemergence of the increase of gasoline prices; Percentage rate of vacationers intend to stay on continental U.S.; Effect of gasoline prices on travel plans.
- OIL MARKET OUTLOOK. // Africa Monitor: North Africa Monitor;Aug2005, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p1
The article presents an update on the oil market in Africa as of July 2005. The Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) basket averaged over U.S.$51 per barrel in June and U.S.$46.2 per barrel in the year to June 16. This, combined with statements by OPEC ministers that a price...
- The Dollar, Oil, and Inflation: It's Time for Some Support. MICHALOWSKI, GREG // Equities;Jul2008, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p26
The author focuses on the relationship between the dollar, oil and inflation. He notes that the decline in the value of the dollar has been negatively associated to the price of a barrel of oil. He discusses the implications of the dollar and oil correlation on central bankers who are trying to...
- WALL ST./FINANCE. // MondayMorning;3/23/2009, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p3
The article offers information on the status of the U.S. stock market. It is reported that the dollar fell 5 percent versus the euro and 3 percent versus the yen, and oil prices soared by 7 percent. It is also stated that Pfizer Inc. bonds jumped as much as 5.4 percent since the drug maker...