Time to act -- voluntarily
- White City faces fine over impact assessment failure. Pearman, Ross // Contract Journal;9/4/2002, Vol. 415 Issue 6393, p1
Reports on the fine that could possibly faced by a White City project in London, England due to its failure to carry out an environmental impact assessment of the European Commission. Value of the project; Concerns raised by construction companies about the issue; Overview of the project.
- Technology & environment. // Chemical Week;6/2/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 21, p40
Focuses on various environmental issues that involve the chemical industry. Suspension of the European Commission's consideration of corn crops with Bacillus thuringiensus (Bt) toxins; Code of practice for transgenic crop cultivation in Great Britain; Responsibility of the chemical industry for...
- U.S., Denmark sign patent agreement. // Medical Device Daily;11/5/2008, Vol. 12 Issue 216, p3
This article announces that the U.S. and Denmark have signed on for a pilot project calld the Patent Prosecution Highway in a bid to help rationalize patent prosecution between nations. According to a November 3, 2008 statement, the agreement aims to leverage fast-track patent examination...
- PEF: European Commission launches pilot project. Carasso, Emilie // European Coatings Journal;2014, Issue 1, p18
The article focuses on the development of Product Environmental Footprint Category Rules (PEFCR) from European Commission. Topics discussed include the benefits of the PEFCR for the coatings industry, the objectives of the PEF pilot project, and the participation of Center of Energy Policy and...
- Testing the environmental footprint methodology. Carasso, Emilie // European Coatings Journal;2014, Issue 9, p16
The article presents information on the Product Environmental Footprint (PEF) pilot project on environmental footprint methodology of the European Commission (EC) led by six CEPE member companies and raw materials trade associations. The pilot aims to test the methodologies by using them for...
- European Commission reviews 18 Youth Guarantee pilot projects. // Education Journal;9/11/2014, Issue 209, p27
The article reports on the review of 18 Youth Guarantee educational pilot projects by the European Commission, discussing its accomplishments and continuing progress in the implementation of employer-school connections.
- Electronics targeted in drive for eco-aware design. // Professional Engineering;02/24/99, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p13
Reports that the European Commission has awarded a cash grant to the Great Britain-based Centre for Sustainable Design. Background on the organization's project which aims to promote ecology-friendly design in electronics industry; Services offered by the organization to electronics firms.
- The Clock has Stopped. Buyck, Cathy // Aviation Week & Space Technology;5/6/2013, Vol. 175 Issue 15, p20
The article discusses the controversy generated by the European Commission's (EC's) decision to suspend its Emissions Trading System (ETS) for flights into and out of Europe for 2012, which would make airlines unaccountable for their emissions.
- VOC reduction plan. // European Chemical News;2/3/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2038, p27
Deals with the presentation of a proposal by the European Commission to reduce the content of volatile organic compounds in decorative paints and varnishes in February 2003. Limit proposed by the European Commission; Environmental significance of the proposal.