The Netherlands: a top location to invest in
- Fukushima Prefecture--foremost industrial base in Japan's Tohoku region. // Focus;Fall98, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p16
Focuses on the infrastructure projects in Fukushima Prefecture, Koriyama City, Japan that are aimed to promote and attract foreign investments. Condition of the transportation infrastructure in the prefecture; Information on the Fukushima Technology Center; Details on the attractiveness of the...
- At Long Last: Project Finance in Africa. Hanes, Kathryn // Global Finance;Mar1999, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p28
Focuses on the increasing number of investments in Africa. Figures on foreign investments in the country; Infrastructure projects in the country; Investments potential of Africa.
- Chapter 4: Business Environment. // Iran Business Forecast Report;2011 3rd Quarter, Issue 3, p23
The article focuses on the business environment in Iran in the third quarter of 2011, with information on the legal framework, infrastructure, and foreign investment policy.
- Chinese puzzle. Conley, John // International Business: Strategies for the Global Marketplace;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p16
Focuses on infrastructure problems that are hampering foreign investment in China. United States President Bill Clinton's renewal of China's Most Favored Nation Status; Chinese governmental bureaucracy; China as a tempting market for many companies; Low-wage labor; Improvement of distribution...
- Infrastructure investment tips. Lam, Alexa C. // China Business Review;Sep/Oct94, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p44
Gives tips on investing on China's infrastructure system. Financial need of China to modernize its infrastructure; Government policy on foreign infrastructure development investments; Risks, limitations and obstacles; Measures adopted by investors for protection. INSETS: Power...
- Chapter 4: Business Environment. // Venezuela Business Forecast Report;2011 3rd Quarter, Issue 3, p25
The article focuses on the business environment in Venezuela in the third quarter of 2011, with emphasis on the country's property rights, infrastructure and foreign investment policy.
- Transport system in desperate need of foreign assistance. Pegler, Andrew // Asian Business Review;Feb95, p29
Reports on the need for foreign investments to upgrade China's transport and distribution infrastructure. East Asia Analytical Unit of the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs' report `Tapping into China's Transport Infrastructure Market'; Estimated amount needed to improve China's railway,...
- Images of India. Pandia, R. M. // Chemical Business;May2002, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p6
Discusses issues about India and Singapore. Comments from Jeffrey Immelt, chairman and chief executive officer of General Electric, on the infrastructure of India; Information on the Indian government; Details on the foreign investors in Singapore.
- THE PARADOX OF FAILED STATES. Riegl, Martin // New Presence: The Prague Journal of Central European Affairs;Spring2009, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p54
The article discusses the economic conditions of failed states and the solution to strengthen them. It stresses that the key to strengthen failed states is not developmental aid or democratization, but infrastructure development that attracts more foreign investment, which can help ameliorate...