All bets are on at Monte Carlo
- Markets Watch. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;4/10/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 14, p32
The article offers news related to the petrochemical industry as of April 10-16, 2006. Formic acid producer Kemira plans to increase prices from April 1. Merisol has received financing to expand meta-cresol capacity at its Oil City, Pennsylvania facility.
- TDI price given hopeful push. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;6/28/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2106, p10
Reports on the effort of toluene diisocyanate producers to lift their prices in Europe as the market faces surplus capacity and lacklustre demand as of July 2004. Rate of increase targeted by producers; Stability of demand in Europe; Benefit of the closing of plants in Germany and Belgium;...
- EPCA Annual Meeting: Industry Seeks a New Business Model. YOUNG, IAN // Chemical Week;10/11/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 24, p16
The article reports on a speech delivered by BASF board member Andreas Kreimeyer at the 44th European Petrochemicals Association (EPCA) Annual Meeting in Budapest, Hungary in October 2010. Kreimeyer advised the chemical industry in Europe and other mature regions to develop a new business model...
- Production Continued to Increase with Higher Prices. Feng Shiliang // China Chemical Reporter;3/26/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p19
The article focuses on the increase in the production of China's petroleum and chemical products. The China Petrochemical and Chemical Industry Association discovered that 54 kinds of petrochemical products increased in the output. Pulled by the rising crude oil prices, 80 of 155 chemicals being...
- Prices of Basic Chemicals Surge and Supply is in Deficit. // China Chemical Reporter;12/26/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 36, p25
The article reports on the increase in the prices of chemicals and the decrease of production in China. Feng Shiliang, secretary general of China Petroleum and Chemical Industry Association (CPCIA), states that in November, there is a continuing increase in the country's economic performance of...
- What's on at this year's conference. // ICIS Chemical Business;11/12/2012, Vol. 282 Issue 13, Special section p13
Information is given about the annual meeting of APLA (AsociaciÃ³n PetroquÃmica y QuÃmica Latinoamericana) that is being held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil from November 10 to November 23, 2012.
- Call to rectify distortions in fiscal duties. // Textile Magazine;Oct2006, Vol. 47 Issue 12, p12
This article deals with the remarks given by Prashant Gandhi, outgoing president of the Indian Textile Accessories & Machinery Manufacturers' Association, at the 63rd annual general meeting of the association held in Mumbai on September 29. He discusses the estimated annual installed capacity of...
- Petrochemicals in Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;9/8/2003, Vol. 264 Issue 7, p10
Reports price increase on petroleum chemicals industry in the U.S.
- Rising crude values keep pressure on naphtha prices. COIRO, GIOVANNI // ICIS Chemical Business;4/11/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 13, p22
The article reports on the increase in price of U.S. Gulf naphtha due to the Gulf coast gasoline. As stated, differentials have overall been weak because of plentiful supplies of heavy naphtha on the market there has been a considerable rise in the price of naphtha. It also states that the...