Editorial policy: The right to medical information
- New Web site in WSJ's plans for `Weekend.' Fine, Jon // Advertising Age;8/14/2000, Vol. 71 Issue 34, p1
The article discusses plans by "The Wall Street Journal" to create an online version of its "Weekend Journal" lifestyle section in the U.S. The periodical plans to make the Web site free by relying on revenue from advertisers. The Wine Column of the lifestyle section is already available at...
- A Web-Development Dilemma For Smaller Publishers. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;May2005, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p24
Deals with the online product source guide created by Skokie, Illinois-based Gill Ashton Publishing. Basis for the Internet strategy of the publisher; Revenue generated by the publisher through the online product source guide. INSET: Are You Getting Your Money's Worth?.
- New and forthcoming electronic features for Abdominal Imaging. // Abdominal Imaging;May/Jun2004, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p285
Provides information on 'Online first," the electronic publication of the journal "Abdominal Imaging." Publication of electronic form of the journal weeks prior to the distribution of the print journal; Email notification of authors of their electronic proofs; Announcement of plans to implement...
- Online submission and peer-review systems. Ware, Mark // Learned Publishing;Oct2005, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p245
We report on a research study commissioned by ALPSP into the current status of online submission and peer-review systems, the perceptions of these by authors, references and editors, and the impact of their introduction on journals.
- EDITORIAL. Burgoyne, Patrick // Creative Review;Apr2006, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p10
The article introduces the first issue of E-CR, the publication of the magazine "Creative Review" in digital format. E-CR features all the editorial and display advertisement pages of the magazine in a downloadable portable document format. The author expresses his gratitude on the magazine's...
- Editor's Note From Michael Weinberg. Weinberg, Mike // Behavior Analyst Today;Apr2004, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p4
Shares insights on the journal "Behavior Analyst Today," an electronic publication of general circulation to the scientific community. Historical development of the publication; Objective of the publication to provide a quality journal that is free and accessible to readers; Commitment of then...
- Circulators Evolving Online Models. Cooper, Julia // Circulation Management;May2006, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p12
Discusses the move of several major print magazines to focus more intently on their Web-related operations. Factors behind the move of publishers into online content; Launch of Hearst Digital Media in March 2006; Disadvantages of using the Internet for print product.
- Official Board Markets. // Circulation Management;May2005, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p31
Provides information on the digital distribution of the Advanstar journal "Official Board Markets" in the U.S. Advantages of the digital version for subscribers; Cost of the subscription for print and digital versions; Response of customers to Internet marketing.
- InfoWorld's Metamorphosis. // Circulation Management;May2007, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p12
The author reflects on the commitment of "InfoWorld" magazine's to online publication. He believes that "InfoWorld" has been systematically working to build online media that introduce top decision makers to connect with the company's content on a regular basis. In the author's opinion, the...