Ready for M&A globalisation?
- Transformed Degussa Ready for Growth. Chang, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;2/24/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 8, p3
Reports on the business operations and financial performance of the U.S.-based chemical company, Degussa-Huls. Merger with various companies; Emphasis of business strategy on specialty chemicals, restructuring and business growth; Strategies for decentralization; Financial strategies.
- Consolidation on the cards says consultancy report. Cozier, Muriel // European Chemical News;3/17/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2044, p17
Predicts the increase in consolidation and merger activity in the European chemical distribution sector in 2003, according to a report released by consultancy firm KPMG. Attributes of the projected increase.
- WRAP-UP. // Chemical Week;8/29/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 32/33, p8
Reports developments in the chemicals industry in the U.S. as of August 2001. Adoption of a poison pill to replace an expired plan by Wellman; Relocation of EKC Technology; Acquisition on Celotex by Dow Chemical.
- WRAP-UP. // Chemical Week;8/29/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 32/33, p9
Reports developments in the chemical industry in the U.S. as of August 2001. Net losses of AT Plastics Inc.; Acquisition on the shares of UBE Industries in ATC by Mitsui Chemicals; Products manufactured by ATC.
- Breaking news Roundup. // Chemical Market Reporter;9/16/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 9, p3
Presents news concerning the chemical industry as of September 2002. Acquisition by Minerals Technologies Inc. of Polar Minerals Inc.; Closure of the Amoco Chemicals Proprietary Ltd business; Gases production and cylinder distribution facility of BOC Gases.
- WESTER EUROPE/ Slowdown is Likely to Continue. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;1/1/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 1, p27
Highlights forecasts on the chemical industry of Western Europe in 2003. Lack of sign of recovery in the region; Expected growth of chemical production in 2003; Outlook on merger and acquisition activity in the sector.
- Indian Chemical Industry 2008 : Strangling under policy vacuum. Nair, M. P. Sukumaran // Chemical Business;Jan2008, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p14
The article focuses on the Indian chemical industry in 2008. According to it, the Indian sector accounts for only 2 percent of the global chemical industry which is valued at about US$ 1.7 trillion. It mentions some of the companies that have been involved in mergers and acquisitions and have...
- Untitled. // ICIS Chemical Business;10/22/2007, Vol. 272 Issue 15, p29
The article presents information on recent development in the chemical industry. A joint venture of chemical firms started construction of a 60km propylene pipeline to connect chemical sites in Germany's northwest state of North Rhine-Westphalia. Indonesian and Singaporean-listed Berlian Laju...
- M&A Activity Continues as Economic Growth Slows. VALK, VINCENT // Chemical Week;11/14/2011, Vol. 173 Issue 28, p13
The article reports on business and finance-related developments affecting the chemical industry in the U.S. as of November 14, 2011. It discusses the continued merger and acquisition (M&A) activities in the industry as buyers and sellers are adjusting their expectations to a slower-growth...