Learning is Nice but Results Require Action
- Navistar sets greater expectations for `uptime' with International Diamond Services. // Fleet Equipment;Feb97, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p50
Features support services for motor vehicle fleets. Includes Navistar International Transportation Corp.'s customer support initiative based on marketplace expectations; HighwayMaster Corp.'s end-to-end electronic fuel-tax reporting system called MileMaster.
- Get a partner for peace of mind. // Finance Week;05/25/2001, p36
Focuses on the services offered by fleet management companies in South Africa. Management and maintenance of forklifts and other equipment; Selection and appointment of the right driver for the fleet.
- Is there room for midsize fleets? Mele, Jim // Fleet Owner;Jan1997, Vol. 92 Issue 1, p52
Analyzes the future for midsize motor vehicle fleets in the United States market. Sandy Arabie, president and founder of Arabie Bros. Trucking's recommendations for the success of midsize fleets; Interviews with Bill Rossi, president of Rossi Trucking, Bill Cuddeback of Cuddeback Trucking and...
- Sweating the details. Cullen, David // Fleet Owner;Nov97, Vol. 92 Issue 11, p65
Profiles four fleets that uses vehicles engineered for their needs. Advantages of owning the vehicles rather than leasing according to Mays Landing Sand & Gravel Co.; Participation of William H. Martin Inc., a United States Waste Services company, in a liquefied natural-gas project; Use of...
- Good question. Cullen, David // Fleet Owner;Jul99, Vol. 94 Issue 7, p27
Comments on the doubt in the phone-in campaigns of truck fleets. Question carried on the rear doors of trucks; Opinion on its effect on the public.
- FORGOTTEN, BUT NOT GONE. Mele, Jim // Fleet Owner;May2000, Vol. 95 Issue 5, p83
Focuses on the Clean Fuel Fleet Program in the United States. Conflicts involved in the program; Legislation governing the program. INSET: New technology gives midrange diesels bright future.
- Body Work. Leavitt, Wendy // Fleet Owner;Feb2001, Vol. 96 Issue 2, p47
Focuses on the integration and specialization of truck body and chassis. Design of several truck bodies created for various purposes; Factors that contributed to the trend in truck body specialization; Collaboration between chassis suppliers and truck body builders to provide market-specific...
- The A-team. Petty, Gary // Fleet Owner;May2001, Vol. 96 Issue 5, p36
Proposes a study on the safety practices of private truck fleets in the United States. Relation of the proposal with the efforts of the Federal Highway Administration to reduce truck-related fatal accidents in the country; Elements of the proposed study; Significance of the proposal.
- Bigger is better. Mele, Jim // Fleet Owner;Jun2009, Vol. 104 Issue 6, p6
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including the environmental conference held by Volvo Group that centered on the campaign for bigger truck weight and length and research conducted by the University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute concerning the...
- Fleet Management 101. Harrington, Lisa H. // Transportation & Distribution;Aug99, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p70
Provides tips on basic motor vehicle fleet management. Areas covered by private fleet management; Four basic stages of fleet management performance; Focused areas of operating budget.