- New Duct Installation: Challenges And Solutions. Andrews, John // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;7/29/2002, Vol. 216 Issue 13, p12
Offers guidelines on installing air duct system. Problems faced by contractors in the installation of the system; Methods to minimize the amount of ductwork; Advantages of fibrous glass duct boards.
- The Case For Installing Flexible Duct. Colvin, Stephen J. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;12/1/2003, Vol. 220 Issue 14, p26
Relates the experience of the repair technicians in installing flexible ducts in various firms in North America. Effects of the installation process on the design of the building; Costs of installing the system; Size of the air ducts.
- Installing Makeup-Air Units. Tinsley, Robert W. // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Dec2004, Vol. 76 Issue 12, p43
Cites important factors and items to consider during the makeup-air unit installation process. Location; Diffuser sites; Gas-fired units; Disconnect switch location.
- MXA PERFORMANCE GUIDE: TO THE 2011 KTM 350SXF. // Motocross Action Magazine;Jan2011, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p63
The article offers information on the "Motocross Action Magazine" (MXA) performance guide for the 2011 KTM 350SXF motorcycle. It says that the installation of 1.5 millimeter (mm) prototype shock linkage arms in the motorcycle improves front part balance. It mentions that the application of...
- Understanding Equivalent Duct Diameter. Chenvert, Mat // TAB Journal;Fall2013, p2
The article offers information on the duct diameter and its installation. Topics discussed include selecting rectangular duct with same cross sectional area, equivalent duct diameter, the diameter of a round duct having same pressure loss as an equivalent rectangle duct, and its use in...
- Inlet Installation Effects on Forward-Curved Centrifugal Fans, Air-Performance, and Sound. Stevens, Mark // ASHRAE Transactions;2011, Vol. 117 Issue 2, p894
It has been known to the air moving industry for some time that duct fittings installed close to a fan's inlet or outlet can have adverse effects on the fan's performance. The magnitude of these adverse effects is generally determined through laboratory testing, and the body of knowledge is...
- Boilers for new centre. // Plant & Works Engineering;Dec2013, Issue 380, p30
The article reports on the installation of several equipment from commercial heating systems manufacturer MHS Boilers Ltd. at Portway Lifestyle Centre in the West Midlands in England in 2013 including R607 floor standing gas boilers, tube solar collectors, and plate heat exchangers.
- Understanding Check Valves: Sizing for the Application, Not the Line Size. Shorts, Mike // WaterWorld;May2007, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p94
The article explores on check valves work and how to select and install them. The device allows flow in one direction and prevents back flow when fluid in the line reverses direction and it relies on the line fluid to open and close. Among the factors to consider when selecting a check valve...
- EQUIPMENT STARTUP CHECKLIST. McKew, Amanda // Engineered Systems;Jan2009, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p28
The article lists the top equipment startup for educational facilities including electrical inspection, Equipment installation and distribution.