Importance of anti- and pronociceptive mechanisms in human disease
- Chronically fatigued or just tired? Maybe it's all the same. Ciarmello, Christine // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);06/07/99, Vol. 19 Issue 49, p27
Discusses various aspects of chronic fatigue syndrome. Symptoms; Treatment options; Comparison with chronic fatigue; Need to learn to live with the disease; Biological origin of the disease.
- Article on CFS Does Not Reflect Current Best Treatment Practices. BATEMAN, LUCINDA; SPOTILA, JENNIFER; YANCEY, JOSEPH R. // American Family Physician;4/1/2013, Vol. 87 Issue 7, p463
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: Diagnosis and Treatment," by I. Hickie, T. Davenport, D. Wakefield et al. in the 2006 issue of "British Medical Journal."
- CFS/ME. Akkermans, Rebecca // Nursing Standard;2/22/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 25, p58
A quiz on chronic fatigue syndrome is presented.
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Swenson, Tracy S. // Journal of Rehabilitation;Jan-Mar2000, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p37
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS), an evolving diagnostic entity of our times, has emerged with increasing frequency over the past few years affecting those we serve in our client populations. This syndrome is characterized by debilitating fatigue often following an episode of flu-like symptomology...
- The Dentist Practitioner Comments. // Positive Health;Mar2007, Issue 133, p22
The author reflects on the studies conforming the basis of chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS). He stresses that one study measures the functionality of patients with CFS documented to be the near end stage acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) patients. He states another study that concludes...
- FREE YOURSELF FROM CHRONIC FATIGUE. Fuerst, Mark L. // Prevention;Jan90, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p58
Focuses on chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), also called the yuppie flu and the dog-tired syndrome. Causes; Confusion about the disease; Symptoms; Diseases that mimic CFS symptoms; Diagnosis; Recommended treatment; Research on the disease.
- The Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: A Comprehensive Approach to Its Definition and Study. Fukuda, Keiji; Straus, Stephen E.; Hickie, Ian; Sharpe, Michael C.; Dobbins, James G.; Komaroff, Anthony // Annals of Internal Medicine;12/15/94, Vol. 121 Issue 12, p953
Proposes a conceptual framework and a set of guidelines that provide an approach for the definition and study of chronic fatigue syndrome. Issues in chronic fatigue syndrome research; Need for revised criteria to define the chronic fatigue syndrome; Conditions that explain chronic fatigue;...
- Chronic Fatigue: Symptom and Syndrome. Wessely, Simon // Annals of Internal Medicine;05/01/2001 Part 2, Vol. 134 Issue 9, p838
Investigates the symptoms for diagnosing chronic fatigue syndrome. Measurement and definition of fatigue; Difference in the physical and psychological causes of fatigue; Importance of social, psychological and behavioral variables of both the symptom and the syndrome; Intervention in general...
- Do not attack the wrong target. Reply to G.E. Ehrlich. Van Houdenhove, B. // Clinical Rheumatology;Sep2003, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p260
Presents a letter to the editor in reply to G.E. Ehrlich concerning an article on chronic fatigue syndrome.