Reach for your wallets!
- BCDTA queries UK ideas. // European Chemical News;9/5/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2161, p36
Reports on the reaction of the British Chemical Distributors and Traders Association (BCDTA) to the government's compromise proposals on the Registration, Evaluation and Authorisation of Chemicals (REACH) legislation. Concerns raised by the BCDTA on the proposed widening of the definition of...
- Group Fears EU Policy May 'Decimate' Industry. Scott, Alex // Chemical Week;10/30/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 43, p35
Reports the attitude of the British Chemical Distributors and Traders Association (BCDTA) towards the proposed chemicals policy by the European Union. Possible effect of the proposed policy on the chemical industry; Donation given by the BCDTA.
- Counting the cost. Cozier, Muriel // ICIS Chemical Business;2/6/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p25
The article reports on the concerns raised by small and medium sized enterprises over the impact of the European Commission's Reach legislation. A conference organized by the British Chemical Distributors and Traders Association gave an opportunity for small businesses to voice out their...
- Mixed response for Reach vote. Cozier, Muriel // European Chemical News;11/28/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2173, p37
The article focuses on the varied response of chemical industry associations to the vote of the European Parliament regarding the Registration, Evaluation and Authorization of Chemicals (Reach) legislation. The British Chemical Distributors and Traders Association has welcomed the vote. The...
- Europe's first distributors program launched in the U.K. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;12/8/1993, Vol. 153 Issue 22, p66
Reports on the responsible care program initiated by the British Chemical Distributors and Traders Association. Development of the initiative with the Chemical Industries Association; Drawing from the experience of the National Association of Chemical Distributors in the United States;...
- U.K. distributors safety report. // Chemical Week;2/14/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 6, p8
Reports on the British Chemical Distributors and Traders Association's Responsible Care indices of safety performance for Great Britain's chemical distribution industry in 1994.
- Costs could kill industry. Robinson, Simon // European Chemical News;1/24/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 2131, p7
Reports that the costs of implementing Reach, the European Commission's proposed new chemicals policy, could kill the chemicals industry in Europe. Terms of the one substance, one registration proposals; Stance of small and medium size enterprises on Reach; Possible results of the...
- EU chemicals register looms. // Professional Engineering;6/13/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p7
The article reports on the implementation of the first phase of the European chemicals legislation, REACH (Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals) amid worries about its effect on smaller firms in European Union countries. More than 30,000 substances are covered by...
- U.K. responsible care partnership. // Chemical Week;1/25/1995, Vol. 156 Issue 3, p8
Reports that the U.K.'s Chemical Industries Association has teamed up with the British Chemical Distributors and Traders Association to form a unique partnership covering their respective Responsible Care initiatives. Terms of agreement.