The Collision of Television Codes
- Media Wire. Moran, Brian; Bachman, Katy; Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;3/10/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p6
Presents updates related to media as of March 2003. Failure of AOL Time Warner Inc. to build relationship with advertising agencies; Expansion of the agreement between Nielsen Media Research and Arbitron concerning people meter; Increase in the ratings of TNT network's basketball coverage.
- ScanAmerica rolls with CBS. Mandese, Joe // Advertising Age;11/4/1991, Vol. 62 Issue 47, p3
Reports on Arbitron Co.'s launch of the ScanAmerica service. Competition with Nielsen Media Research's network ratings service; Arbitron's matching of television viewing with product-use data; Arbitron's plan to have a system operating in the fall of 1993.
- Nielsen Decides Against PPMs. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;3/6/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 10, p27
Reports on the decision of Nielsen to cancel its transaction with Arbitron to deploy people meter. Details of the deal; Information on local people meters; Plan of Nielsen to take a portfolio approach to TV ratings.
- Five Cablers In Top 10 Dip in May. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;06/12/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 24, p20
Reports that five of the top ten basic-cable networks in the United States suffered drops in primetime ratings in May 2000, according to Nielsen Media Research. Turner Network Television; `Big Three' broadcast networks; USA Network; TBS Superstation and Nickelodeon.
- Crown KOLD 13 and Kris Pickel the ratings victors. Hatfield, David // Inside Tucson Business;1/9/2006, Vol. 15 Issue 30, p9
The article presents the rankings of local news programs in Tucson, Arizona. According to the ratings taken by Nielsen Media Research, News 13 topped the ratings over the big three local stations in the area. There were many variables that contributed to the winning rating of KOLD 13. The most...
- Pax TV households fall hard in latest Nielsen data. Freeman, Michael // MediaWeek;09/28/98, Vol. 8 Issue 36, p6
Provides information on the ratings performance of startup cable television network PAX TV by Nielsen Media Research. Average rating for the week of September 14-20, 1998; Range of market share.
- 50 people's choice top cable shows. // Broadcasting & Cable;04/21/97, Vol. 127 Issue 17, p59
Presents a chart listing the top 50 people's choice cable shows in the United States, as ranked by Nielsen Media Research for the week April 7-13, 1997. Survey as encompassing 97 million television households; Includes the programs `Titanic: Anatomy of a Disaster,' `World Champ Wrestling,' and...
- Measure for measure. Sharkey, Betsy // MediaWeek;3/11/96, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p14
Reports on the inclusion of Network One in Nielsen Media Research's television audience measurement ratings for the first time since it was launched in December 1993. Projected increase in market penetration of Network One in 1996 as a result of affiliate agreements; Cooperation between Network...
- Making a case before meters debut. Freeman, Michael // MediaWeek;05/11/98, Vol. 8 Issue 19, p20
Discusses the outlook of affiliate and emerging television networks in Jacksonville, Florida for Nielsen Media Research's rollout of overnight meter ratings. Prelaunch sales pitches made to advertising buyers; Implications of overnight metering for television networks; Benefits seen for...