EDITOR'S QUIZ: GI SNAPSHOT
- EDITOR'S QUIZ: GI SNAPSHOT: Abdominal pain in a patient with an oesophageal stent. Spiller, Robin; Tan, K. T.; Borley, N.; Hopkins, R. // Gut;Nov2005, Vol. 54 Issue 11, p1535
Presents a quiz related to the diagnosis of a person suffering from abdominal pain.
- Untitled. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);8/17/1985, Vol. 291 Issue 6493, p462
The article presents questions and answers related to medicine including the optimum dose of aspirin for use as an antiplatelet agent and whether abdominal pain with acidosis is another indication for bicarbonate.
- EDITOR'S QUIZ: GI SNAPSHOT....: The radiologist made the diagnosis. Bebb, J. R.; Latief, K. H. // Gut;Aug2005, Vol. 54 Issue 8, p1113
This article presents a question related to the diagnosis in case of a 59-year-old man who was referred with a one year history of change in bowel habit and a low folate level. The answer to the question is also given. The man had been opening his bowels more frequently but there was no...
- EDITOR'S QUIZ:GI SNAPSHOT: An unusual case of abdominal pain. Yazaki, N.; Shiiba, K.; Ishii, S.; Mizoi, T.; Miura, K.; Oyama, A.; Tanaka, N.; Murata, Y.; Sasaki, I. // Gut;Aug2004, Vol. 53 Issue 8, p1150
This article presents a quiz related to the clinical study of an unusual case of abdominal pain. In the present case, in March 2003, the patient exhibited severe right lower abdominal pain. This 71 year old man was also suffering with severe diabetes mellitus and chronic renal failure and had...
- Your questions answered. Gardner, Alan // Talkback Magazine;Autumn2008, p48
The article presents questions and answers related to abdomen pain including will a disc replacement help the patient and are there any other therapies or courses of action for those suffering from severe abdominal pain.
- Q+A ASK THE EXPERTS. Wells, Sara; Dufek, Janet; Paul, Susan // Runner's World;Jun2007, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p46
The article presents questions and answers related to running, including why it hurts to walk downstairs after a marathon, what the optimal style to run is, and whether fuel belts can cause stomach pain during runs.
- Diagnostic and Therapeutic Technology Assessment (DATTA). Cromer, David W.; Cole, Helene M. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;10/24/90-10/31/90, Vol. 264 Issue 16, p2137
Answers questions related to medicine. Effectiveness of alpha-interferon in the treatment of chronic myelogenous leukemia; Preoperative evaluation of a young woman with an acute abdomen.
- EDITOR'S QUIZ: GI SNAPSHOT..... An unusual case of terminal ileal stricture. Gaya, D. R.; Morris, A. J.; Going, J. J. // Gut;May2005, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p616
The article presents a question regarding diagnosis of a person who was referred for investigation of constant severe abdominal pain and profound weight loss. The person was a smoker of 60 cigarettes per day but denied alcohol excess.
- Your fitness questions answered. Olson, Michele // All You;04/15/2011, p70
The article presents questions and answers related to physical fitness, including how to prevent abdominal aches, ways to burn belly fat, and simple exercises to prevent shoulder and neck stiffness.