Recalling a Year of Pricing Expensively
- Cable, stations nearing deadline. Harrison, Kimberly P. // Crain's Cleveland Business;9/13/93, Vol. 14 Issue 37, p1
Reports on the attempts of Cleveland's local cable operators to beat the deadline on getting permission to retransmit signals from local broadcasters. Cable Act of 1992; Compensation of broadcasters; Retransmission consents obtained by Continental Cablevision of Ohio Inc.; WKYC-TV's demand for...
- Cable firm wants to expand. // Crain's Detroit Business;4/24/95, Vol. 11 Issue 17, p31
Reports on the purchase of cable television stations in Michigan by Continental Cablevision Inc. as part of its expansion plans.
- Megs per second. // New Hampshire Business Review;04/25/97, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p16
Reports that Continental Cablevision Inc. is testing a television cable access to the Internet which will be offered to New Hampshire areas. Features of the technology; Costs for cable TV subscribers.
- Time Buy on Trio's Side in Philly. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;11/18/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 46, p8
Reports that arts network Trio has bought a 90-minute block on Fox Broadcast Network's Philadelphia affiliate. Programs that Trio will air during the slot on December 14, 2002; Advantages of airing the programs to Trio; Purpose for which Trio will screen a toll-free number during the slot;...
- 'The island' goes global. Brech, Poppy // Marketing (00253650);10/31/2002, p18
Reports on the marketing strategy of Qatar-based Arabic television channel, Al Jazeera, which has emerged as a serious player on the global media stage. Viewership of the channel in Great Britain; Revenue sources of the channel; Benefits of broadcasting Al Qaida chief Osama Bin Laden's tapes to...
- Influencing Influencers. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;2/6/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p29
Focuses on the marketing campaign launched by the National Cable & Telecommunications Association in the U.S. Reason for launching the campaign; Information on the marketing campaign; Advertising agency hired by the organization to develop its campaign; Legislative issues in the Congress facing...
- In search of incremental revenue. Williams, Andy // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jan2002, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p27
Focuses on the struggles of telecommunication companies in Great Britain. Increase in the demand for cable television; Stiffness of the competition in the telecommunications market; Comparison on the business performance between telecommunication companies and cable companies. INSET: SME focus..
- Cable's Expanding Role in Telecommunications. Hodes, Daniel; Duwadi, Kiran; Wise[*], Andrew // Business Economics;Apr99, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p46
Studies the role of the cable television industry in telecommunications. How the industry can realize its potential; Status of the industry in the video programming delivery market; Importance of the proposed AT&T-TCI merger.
- Programmers have new suitor: Telcos. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;12/5/94, Vol. 124 Issue 49, p10
Focuses on the integration of telecommunication companies and the cable television industry in the United States. Programming services; Direct broadcast satellite business; Cable networks; Growth of cable television forecasted for 1995.