Limited Risks = Limited Gains
- Correction. // Jewish Advocate;6/14/2013, Vol. 204 Issue 24, p3
A correction to the article related to the donations for medical treatment to a 14-month-old Ital Reinitz in previous issue is presented.
- Zambia to wageâ€˜scientificâ€™war on malaria. Butler, Declan // Nature;5/26/2005, Vol. 435 Issue 7041, p395
Reports on the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation's support for malaria prevention efforts in Zambia. Plans of the Zambian government to reduce malaria deaths in the country; Goals of the foundation for its initiative in Zambia.
- Unitil endows Stulgis Scholarship. // New Hampshire Business Review;3/7/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p25A
Reports on the donation given by Unitil Charitable Foundation for the endowment of the Peter J. Stulgis Memorial Scholarship in New Hampshire. Amount granted to schools for programs integrating technology into secondary education; Administration of the scholarship by the Greater Piscataqua...
- Corporation Spur Increased Giving to Colleges and Schools. // Education Week;5/7/1986, Vol. 5 Issue 33, p2
The article reports on the donations given to colleges and universities that rose to 13 percent in 1984-85 to an estimated 6.32 billion dollars, based from a new survey in the U.S. The survey shows that a better than 12 percent increase in gifts to independent elementary and secondary schools,...
- Ride-A-Thon to benefit riding center. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;10/17/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 20, p33
Reports that the proceeds from the Winslow Therapeutic Center's Ride-A-Thon and Walk-A-Thon events will be given to the Allison Klepper Memorial Fund in Warwick, New York.
- BACP'S work as a consultative body. // CPJ: Counselling & Psychotherapy Journal;Dec2004, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p9
This article reports that the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) has responded to 45 consultation exercises. These originate from various sources: government, professional bodies and charity organisations. It is vital that BACP uses the opportunity to review and...
- CTI Raising $30M More, Still Hunts Partner. // Bioworld Week;8/24/2009, Vol. 17 Issue 34, p5
The article reports on the fund raising activity conducted by Cell Therapeutics Inc. in Seattle, Washington. It notes that the company is raising money through the sale of stocks and warrants since its aims to sell 30 million dollars of its preferred stock. Moreover, it mentions that the said...
- Denmark launches big push for protein power. Abbott, Alison // Nature;5/3/2007, Vol. 447 Issue 7140, p12
The article reports on the creation of a major center in Denmark that is dedicated to protein research. The center, which will include a high-throughput facility to express and purify proteins, determine their structure and investigate their properties, will be built with the help of the Novo...
- DDT damage. // New Internationalist;Mar97, Issue 288, p6
Reports that the government of Mexico plans to phase out DDT for malaria control over the next ten years in favor of an integrated pest management approach. Link between organochlorines and cancers.