Web Video May Be Swaying Some Minds
- HIGH FIVE FOR CABLER. Bernstein, Paula // Daily Variety;03/30/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 20, p5
Cites the primetime series that VH1 cable television network will add to its lineup. Reality skein `Fan,' from director Joe Berlinger; `Sound Affects'; `VH1 Confidential'; `100 Greatest'; `Don't Quote Me.'
- MTV will specialize. Barraclough, Leo // Daily Variety;12/16/2004, Vol. 285 Issue 54, p13
This article reports that Nordic audiences will get their own local versions of MTV as the company prepares to launch separate channels for Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Finland.
- HGTV plans 13 new series for upcoming season. Stark, Steven J. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;03/13/2001, Vol. 367 Issue 20, p8
Reports on the plans of Home & Garden Television to expand its original programming efforts by 25% and introduce 13 series during the 2001-02 season. Launch of its new season on October 2001; Television programs to be broadcast.
- Trio picks up 'I, Claudius'. Chunovic, Louis // Electronic Media;8/20/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 34, p1A
Focuses on several television program broadcasting rights purchased by the cable television network Trio. Programming schedule for the television mini-series 'I, Claudius'; Commissioning of a one-hour documentary for the broadcast of the 1998 movie 'Elizabeth.'
- ITV reveals new winter schedule. Yates, Karen // Campaign;11/27/98, Issue 48, p5
Focuses on winter air-time schedule of ITV in 1998. Focus of ITV schedule for winter season; Comedy and drama programs of ITV; Comments from Dave King, broadcast director of Carat.
- Sony India gets real. // Daily Variety;01/31/2001, Vol. 270 Issue 43, p16
Reports on plans by Sony Entertainment Television India to concentrate on reality shows. Company's launch of the game show 'Jeeto Chappar Phaad Ke' with a 17-million-dollar budget; Introduction of the reality series 'Survivor' to the local market.
- USA ramps up minis and movies. Dempsey, John // Variety;10/23/2000, Vol. 380 Issue 10, p68
Reports that USA Network has begun counterprogramming sports on the broadcast networks with television movies in October 2000. Television programs and ratings; Distributors from which USA Network bought its television movie packages.
- Ratings:. // CableFAX Daily;5/25/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 102, p2
Presents updates on the ratings of cable television networks in the U.S. Household rating of SportsNet NY for its baseball telecast in May 2006; Increase in the overall ratings of the second round of the National Basketball Association playoff coverage of TNT in 2006.
- Canuck b'casters balk at neighbor's cablers. Kelly, Brendan // Variety;4/7/2008, Vol. 410 Issue 8, p26
This article focuses on the possibility of U.S. cable channels operating in Canada. The article explains that the Canadian broadcasting system uses its own channels that air U.S. television shows and does not want the U.S. channels themselves to be available. The article includes information on...
- There's Gold in Them There Sidewalks! Pickert, Kate; Swanson, Carl // New York;3/14/2005, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p21
Reports on the anticipation of the Home Box Office (HBO) cable television network for the public viewership of the new season of "Deadwood." Strategy of HBO management to promote the TV program.