Two Bits & Other Tips
- Dance, eat, and support the fire department. Parsons, Burlon // East Bernard Express (TX);6/29/2006, Vol. 63 Issue 27, p1
The article reports on the back to back fund raising of the East Bernard Volunteer Fire Department in East Bernard, Texas. Michael Wright and The Wrong Band and Legacy will play at the fund raising dance. Donated items such as a television set, gun and quilt will be raffled off. Proceeds from...
- NVFC sets agenda for 1999. // Fire Engineering;Feb99, Vol. 152 Issue 2, p29
Focuses on the fall 1998 meeting of the National Volunteer Fire Council in Rhode Island to address issues relevant to the operations of fire departments in the state in 1999. Includes the introduction of the helping hands legislation; Renewal of efforts to amend the Fair Labor Standards Act for...
- Volunteers asked to join Whitney VFD. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);7/23/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 28, p1
The article offers information on Whitney Volunteer Fire Department (VFD), which is looking for people within Whitney, Texas who would like to be a member of the community as volunteer firefighters.
- Untitled. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);1/24/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p10
A photograph is presented among the recipients of plaques of appreciation , including Roger Hagar, Justin Alexander, and Randy Shaw of the Hedley Volunteer Fire Department.
- Building bridges to the 21st century. Murphy, Jr., Jack J. // Fire Engineering;Feb99, Vol. 152 Issue 2, p8
Focuses on conferences participated by the National Volunteer Fire Council (NVFC) to address issues relevant to the assessment of fire service and departments in the United States. Discussion of job hazards facing volunteer firemen; Challenges in retention and recruitment; Identification of the...
- NVFC seeks departments that have been awarded block grants. // Fire Engineering;Aug2000, Vol. 153 Issue 8, p47
Reports that the National Volunteer Fire Council is looking for fire departments that have been awarded Community Development Block Grants. Contact information.
- Volunteer Fire Departments. Nader, Ralph // Progressive Populist;5/1/2014, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p19
The article explores volunteerism at Winsted, Connecticut Fire Department, which started in 1862 and still operates with volunteers on call, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, as well as the challenges faced by volunteer fire departments.
- Weekly Meetings. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);7/30/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 29, p5
The article offers information on several weekly meetings in Texas from July 30 to August 5, 2014 including the meeting of West Shore Auxiliary at the fire station, the Hillsboro Family Al-Anon Group meeting in Hillsboro, and the Training meetings of the Peoria Volunteer Fire Department.
- Lakeside VFD plans fish fry. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);6/19/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 25, p5
The article offers information on the summer fish fry event organized by Lakeside Village Area Volunteer Fire Department (VFD) and Ladies Auxiliary to be held on June 29, 2013 in Texas.