Confessions of a Spa Junkie
- HOT SPAS 2006. // Conde Nast Traveler;May2006, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p190
The article features 55 hot spas of the world in 2006. Sensory Spa at Hilton Hotel in Sydney, New South Wales, is a compact functionality which offers inventive treatments such as hot stone massage. Amansara spa of Cambodia offers a steam and a scrub for women and blind therapist massage. The...
- SPAS: NURTURE YOUR THERAPISTS. Perez Petersen, Carol // Massage Magazine;Jul/Aug2005, Issue 116, p22
Editorial. Focuses on the importance that spas should give their massage therapists. Importance of a well-trained massage therapist; Investments of spas on massage therapists.
- Turn Your Session Room into a Spa. Venclik, Carol // Massage Magazine;Apr2007, Issue 131, p32
The article provides tips on how to create the spa ambiance into a massage session room. Space limitations make it difficult for massage therapists to provide some spa amenities. However, whatever the size of the session room, one can still capture the spa feel. Areas to consider include the...
- More Spa Trends. // Massage Magazine;Apr2007, Issue 131, p36
The article identifies spa trends according to the International Spa Association (ISPA). Two of the newest trends include the spa customers' desire to customize their experience and the destination-spa guests' search for lifestyle changes. Other notable trends include the shift of attitude...
- Villa Serbelloni Spa Grand Hotel Villa Serbelloni. // Premier Hotels & Resorts;Winter/Spring2008, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p221
The article features Villa Serbelloni Spa at the Grand Hotel Villa Serbelloni in Lake Como, Italy. The spa is inviting guests to develop a personalized health and beauty program to rediscover glowing health and vigor. Among the services they offered are thermal treatments, a variety of massage...
- Tables for Two. Ulrich, Cathy // Massage & Bodywork;Aug/Sep2005, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p98
Discusses the increase in trend towards couples massage in spas in the United States. Efforts of spas to emphasize romance; Couples massage programs of several spas; Techniques used by massage therapists in couples massage.
- Villa Serbelloni Spa. // Premier Spas;Summer/Autumn2004, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p54
Features the Villa Serbelloni Spa in Lake Como, Italy. Emphasis on natural fitness, harmony and peace; Offer of thermal treatments and massage therapies; Provision of physical fitness centers; Sailing, waterskiing and windsurfing.
- Being Part of Clubs' Wellness Trend. Minton, Melissa // Fitness Business Pro;Feb2006, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p27
The article focuses on the popular wellness offerings by the physical fitness facilities in the U.S. Some of the services that they provide include contouring, anti-ageing and esthetics, energetic healing, massage and alternative care. The combination of acupuncture and nutritional programming...
- Massage Therapy A Profession on the Rise. // Massage & Bodywork;Apr/May2005, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p56
Focuses on the growth of the massage therapist profession in the U.S. Demographics and public opinion on feelings towards massage therapies; Statistics indicating popularity of massage therapists on adults; Public opinion poll results indicates a growth of the massage therapy market and visits...