CHINA TAKES THE ETHANOL ROUTE
- Advances in petrol additives research. Rang, Heino; Kann, J�n // Proceedings of the Estonian Academy of Sciences, Chemistry;Sep2003, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p130
A review about the use of petrol additives and the latest results in respective research and development is presented. Today it is not possible to guarantee the stable work of an engine and cleaner air by reducing the concentration of toxic compounds in exhaust gases without petrol additives....
- Ethanol conversion not to be sniffed at. // Flight Daily News;6/18/2003, Issue 4, p38
Regulatory moves to reduce fuel emissions and the impact of aviation on the atmosphere, means that there is an increasing focus on alternative fuels. Max Shauck, director of the Waco, Texas-based Baylor Institute of Air Science is promoting the benefits of ethanol as an environmentally friendly...
- L.A. Area Shakes 'Most Polluted' Ranking, Air Quality Agency Asserts. // Paint & Coatings Industry;Jan2001, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p17
Reports on the improvement of air quality in Los Angeles, California. Efforts by local officials to improve the city's image for having the country's most polluted air; Measurement of improvements.
- Is daily mortality associated specifically with fine particles? Schwartz, Joel; Dockery, Douglas W.; Neas, Lucas M. // Journal of the Air & Waste Management Association;Oct96, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p927
Compares different size ranges of particulate mass 10 (PM10) to see whether its association with daily mortality was specifically with the fine mass particles. City-specific associations with each measure of particle pollution; Combined effect estimates; Weather measurements; Start and stop...
- Short-Term Effects of Air Pollution on Mortality in the Cities of Rouen and Le Havre, France, 1990-1995. Zeghnoun, Abdelkrim; Czernichow, Pierre; Beaudeau, Pascal; Hautemanière, Alexis; Froment, Loétizia; Le Tertre, Alain; Quénel, Philippe // Archives of Environmental Health;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p327
ABSTRACT. In this study, the authors examined the short-term effects of ambient air pollution on mortality across 2 French cities: Rouen and Le Havre. In Poisson regression models, which controlled for day-of-week effects, the authors used nonparametric smoothing to control for temporal trend,...
- Wintertime evolution of the temperature inversion in the Colorado Plateau basin. Whiteman, C. David; Xindi Bian // Journal of Applied Meteorology;Aug99, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p1103
Investigates the wintertime formation, maintenance and dissipation of cold air pools in the Colorado Plateau basin in the United States. Formation of temperature inversions in the basin; Spatial variations of boundary layer structure over the Colorado Plateau basin; Evolution of potential...
- Wintertime surface wind patterns in the Colorado River valley. Whiteman, C. David; Xindi Bian // Journal of Applied Meteorology;Aug99, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p1118
Investigates the wintertime surface wind patterns in the Colorado River valley in Mexico. Determination of the diurnal variation of regional wind patterns in the Grand Canyon; Characterization of a regional circulation system by convergence of low-level air into the subbasin centers; Features...
- Phoenix air could affect local gas prices. Kohout, Cheryl // Inside Tucson Business;07/01/96, Vol. 5 Issue 14, p12
Reports on concerns over the poor quality of air in Phoenix, Arizona. Creation of the Alternative System Transportation Task Force to help improve air quality; Proposal to mandate the use of a reformulated gasoline used in California.
- Orange to appeal EPA claim of poor air quality in southeast. Duvoli, John // Hudson Valley Business Journal;8/22/94 - 8/29/94, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p32
Reports on the court appeal to be filed by Orange County, New York state, on November 15, 1994, with the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) over the designation of seven communities as a severe clean air non-attainment zone.